PDA

View Full Version : Tsc

Bret4207
07-22-2005, 07:43 AM
For us farmer types the letters "TSC" refer to Tractor Supply Company. There's a million of these chain stores across the US of A. Last time I was in the Watertown NY store I noted they are selling a copy of the little mini lathes as seen in Habor Freight, Cummins tool sales etc. Priced arounds $400.00. For those of you looking for one of these who want to see one up close and personal, I thought I'd pass this along.

txbirdman
07-22-2005, 10:27 AM
Something else I've found at TSC that I use for casting is their skin tight cotton "roping gloves". I've saved myself quite a bit of pain by wearing these things while casting. Eventhough they're quite thin they do offer a layer of protection that's kept me from scorching myself on many occasions. The main thing is they are not in the least bit cumberson like regular gloves and they're cheap.

Frank46
07-23-2005, 05:17 AM
try getting a pair of welders leather gloves. Homedepot sells a few different versions and they're cheap considering how long you'll be using them. I use them to open the sprue plate after filling the mold and they work great. I have a cheaper pair that I got
from a friend just for melting down wheelweights.. After two years they're kinda scorched but still work great. The gloves I bought at homedepot were marked Lincoln welding. I think they cost about $15 bucks. Frank