PDA

View Full Version : The deer won

btroj
11-13-2012, 04:14 PM
Once again the deer have won.

Never saw a legal buck. Could have shot a doe or two but went 24 hours without seeing a single deer.

Weather was not helpful in northern MO. 78 and windy Sat, 30 and rainy on Sat.

In the end it was getting out that was most important. Would have liked to introduce a cast 375 bullet to a deer but it wasn't to be.

There is always next year.

white eagle
11-13-2012, 05:32 PM
well ya tried anyway

Finster101
11-13-2012, 05:33 PM
Stiil beat sittin' on the couch didn't it?

bruce drake
11-13-2012, 05:36 PM
you tried at least. I flew all day Saturday from Korea (nothing like making 24 hours stretch to 36) and slept all day Sunday to try to recover from Jet Lag that is still kicking my keester today.

Bruce

legend
11-13-2012, 05:38 PM
sounds like "from korea" is a great thing !

btroj
11-13-2012, 06:26 PM
It was overall a good time, except the 35 degrees, windy, and rain. That is never fun for very long.

Got the rifle apart today and cleaned itup and getit piled. Nothing like rain to get in places it doesn't belong and start rust.

Bruce, anything beats a long flight like that.

waksupi
11-13-2012, 07:30 PM
35 degrees and rain sounds like my favorite whitetail weather. I love hunting them in the rain, I've killed several bucks in their beds like that.

MBTcustom
11-13-2012, 08:48 PM
I sympathise!
I just got back in from hunting infreezing weather that the rain brought in. I stayed my but out there from before light till after dark, with only a one hour break for lunch.
I swear, one of these days those %^& squirrels are gonna pay! I could have killed two limits of the little suckers today.
Deer? Nope.
Cant realy say i'm surprized. I have never to date, killed a deer on the monday following opening weekend.
I expect to get on them tomorrow or the next day though.

btroj
11-13-2012, 09:57 PM
I don't mind some rain Waksupi but this was a downpour at time. And driven by the wind. Fun was not had by all.

Rain also makes me regret having glasses rather than contacts. Wet glasses and iron rights don't work well together in my experience.

As for tree rats, I always see them when hunting deer. Seem to find lots of deer hunting rats. Maybe I hunt the wrong one at the wrong time?

Crawdaddy
11-13-2012, 09:57 PM
Sometimes you eat the bear, sometimes the bear eats you.

It wouldn't be any fun if we got one every time.. Ok, I could be wrong there but its all I got!

It will taste that much better next year when you get one.

I went six years one time with no venison. Man was the next one exciting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Idaho Mule
11-13-2012, 10:09 PM
Waksupi, I too love hunting in rain, snow or a mix. Yesterday was fun, got my butt soaked good, jumped a cpl deer and watched them leave. A very inexperienced coyote came in right under me (ground set) but he won't do that again. This morning all I could find was elk, got 18 to 20 of them on the move but my elk season is over her and I couldn't buy a deer. JW