PDA

View Full Version : Rockchucker II

Ilwil
11-13-2012, 02:38 PM
Does anyone know the feature differences between a Rockchucker II and later models like the IV? I know the current iteration has an enlarged frame for larger cartridges.

o6Patient
01-08-2013, 10:05 AM
All I know is that I have a RC ll from the eighties and it's been flawless.
Who knows what the bean counters have done to the composition of them.
(Hopefully just improvements.[smilie=1:)

mac60
01-08-2013, 10:15 AM
I do know they changed the spent primer collection a little.

Wal'
01-08-2013, 11:16 AM
And lengthened the stoke/ram......... on the IV.

rda72927
01-08-2013, 11:23 AM
The spent primer collection stinks on the IV, but the older primer cup from my Jr did fit and work.

1hole
01-08-2013, 02:06 PM
It took me awhile but I figgered out how to catch all the spent primers and avoid the primer grit my RC II suffered from; I bought a Lee Reloader press and Universal Decap die.

My '87 RC II is slick as a baby's butt NOW, after a longish break-in period, but I don't do primer work on it at all. In fact, IF Lee had made their Classic Cast when I bought my RC my main press would be red; it's bigger, just as strong (if not more so), has much better user features and is totally made n the USA.

So far as I KNOW the RC IV castings are still made in China and assembled here so they can carry a "made in USA" label but I've read they deny the China thing now. Actually, I wouldn't mind 'made in China' too bad if the price reflected the real costs differences.

The fact we've lost manufactoring jobs here isn't the fault of the companies, they would have happily continued running their American plants but our gobbermint put so many pointless but costly restrictions and regulations in place to satisfy tree huggers and snail lovers that our industries were pushed into closing plants and contracting to buy parts or whole devices made in other countries. If they had not done so, our cost of living would be much higher than it already is! (Put our gobbermint in charge of the Sahara Desert and in three years there would be a shortage of sand, and they would say it's because they need more desk drones!)

engineer401
01-08-2013, 09:05 PM
The fact we've lost manufactoring jobs here isn't the fault of the companies, they would have happily continued running their American plants but our gobbermint put so many pointless but costly restrictions and regulations in place to satisfy tree huggers and snail lovers that our industries were pushed into closing plants and contracting to buy parts or whole devices made in other countries. If they had not done so, our cost of living would be much higher than it already is! (Put our gobbermint in charge of the Sahara Desert and in three years there would be a shortage of sand, and they would say it's because they need more desk drones!)

Try putting people back to work building new bridges. The issue of regulation harming jobs goes far beyond manufacturing.

I once had a RC II. I got rid of it when I went progressive. I later found out I still needed a single-stage for some operations. I regret letting it go. If you have a RC II, keep it.

Mal Paso
01-08-2013, 11:57 PM
No more primers everywhere.

o6Patient
01-09-2013, 09:46 AM
No more primers everywhere.

That's what I'm talking about! I've never had problems with catching primers:
there is always some way to make a little deflector or such to catch 99% of them.