PDA

View Full Version : Moose Round Steak

454gene
11-10-2012, 07:11 PM
A friend gave me 2 moose round steaks but I have know idea how to prepare them, any ideas?

bearcove
11-10-2012, 07:23 PM
I cook it in my pressure cooker with onion till browned then add canned diced tomatoes green chili if you have it garlic and pepper. A little water and put the lid on 20-30 min of click click. Serve with rice or mashed potatoes.

dk17hmr
11-10-2012, 07:24 PM
I would put some montreal steak seasoning on it, wrap it in bacon, and throw it on the grill.

I havent had a moose in the freezer but we go through alot of elk each year. A favorite in our house is bacon wrapped elk steak with mushrooms, onions, and green salsa on rice.

Mooseman
11-10-2012, 09:46 PM
Cube them and make chicken fried moose steak and gravy !
Thank Me later !

Rich

Lloyd Smale
11-11-2012, 06:58 AM
run it through a cuber then pound in some parmasean cheese, flour and garlic powder. Fry till its just a tad pink inside Lay it on a bed of pasta and cover with your favorite spegetti sause.

fatnhappy
11-11-2012, 10:49 AM
dredge it in flour and sear it in a cast iron dutch oven both sides over high heat. Remove. Brown mushrooms and a chopped onion. Smother the steaks with the onions and mushrooms and add a little liquid. Bake in the dutch oven for an hour at 350° ish.
It'll make it's own gravy. Serve with mashed potatoes, baked potatoes or fried potatoes. It's real good with cornbread too.