PDA

View Full Version : What are you tryin' to say?

Jim
11-10-2012, 04:41 PM
"Me? Not a thing. I'm jus' settin' out here on the porch enjoyin' this nice afternoon. You doin' awright?"

http://floydpics.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/dscn1373-e1352579866452.jpg

WILCO
11-10-2012, 05:26 PM
Reading you loud and clear Jim!!!!!

Olevern
11-10-2012, 05:37 PM
awesome flag....don't ya got a bigger gun? Something with wheels, perhaps.

jlm223
11-10-2012, 05:58 PM
I understand, awesome pic.

Mike in TX
11-10-2012, 06:01 PM
May I join you if I bring the food?

Trey45
11-10-2012, 06:09 PM
Reading you five by five, over.

Love Life
11-10-2012, 06:13 PM
Great pic! I'll bring the ribs and macaroni.

Jim
11-10-2012, 06:19 PM
Y'all are welcome any time, fellas. There's plenty of room on the steps an' if that gets crowded, I got chairs.

Vern, I called Fort Jackson an' asked 'em about gettin' a 105 an' they hung up on me! Ya' know, that's dang rude.

DRNurse1
11-10-2012, 06:23 PM
Jim

You are silhoetting against the horizon there but I have your back.

Thumbcocker
11-10-2012, 06:45 PM
1st and 2nd amendment in one photo. I like it.

JeffinNZ
11-10-2012, 06:53 PM
I think I speak for us all when I say the sooner Janet gets home the better.

41 mag fan
11-10-2012, 06:55 PM
Wheres the coon dog and jug of moonshine at? It's not in the pic that i can see

linotype
11-10-2012, 08:06 PM
Y'all are welcome any time, fellas. There's plenty of room on the steps an' if that gets crowded, I got chairs.

Vern, I called Fort Jackson an' asked 'em about gettin' a 105 an' they hung up on me! Ya' know, that's dang rude.

Aw, heck, you should have asked for a daisy cutter and dickered down. ;-)

Jim
11-10-2012, 08:42 PM
I got no use for a bomb. I want a Howitzer in the front yard. I might even run the lanyard in through the kitchen winda' so I ain't got to go outside to shoot it.

WILCO
11-10-2012, 08:59 PM
I think I speak for us all when I say the sooner Janet gets home the better.

I don't think it'll be a problem until Jim starts stringing concertina wire:

http://www.survivalblog.com/2012/09/constructing-a-triple-strand-concertina-wire-obstacle-by-cpt-blackfox.html

Even then he can say Mr. Bill filled out a DD 1348........

gray wolf
11-10-2012, 09:22 PM
Jim old buddy that did it !
I have got to get me a bigger flag
I think we should all have a pic like that, I absolutely love it.
Not a word needs to be spoken the pic says it all,
even though some of the boys did make some good suggestions.
I think it should be on the cover of the next NRA magazine.
Julie wants a quad 50 for our deck, sometimes I can't control that girl.
Sam in Maine

Jim
11-10-2012, 09:23 PM
Shaw, if I got a Howitzer, I don't need no wire. The whole dern COUNTY is in my perimeter!

Houndog
11-10-2012, 09:41 PM
Yep Jim, that picther says everything that needs sayin!

I did see on the Drudge Report awhile ago the Lousianna has petitioned the gooberment to secede from the union! That's gettin WAAAAY out there, but since all them blue state "intelectuals" think we're just dumb ol hillbillies MAYBE they'd like to git rid of a bunch of us, but ifn they did wonder who'd pay their bills for em?

I ain't got but one question! Iffens you are at home by yourself, who took that picher? Dolly or Bill?

scottiemom
11-10-2012, 10:02 PM
what have you done to my house????? I'll be home in 4 days - fair warning!

OneSkinnyMass
11-10-2012, 10:11 PM
That photo has an Ansel Adams quality.

Skinny

stubshaft
11-10-2012, 10:54 PM
I got no use for a bomb. I want a Howitzer in the front yard. I might even run the lanyard in through the kitchen winda' so I ain't got to go outside to shoot it.

Getting pretty laid back aren't you now...:bigsmyl2:

ErikO
11-11-2012, 01:02 AM
If Congress moves quicker than they tend to, your flag will be a star short.

Should be good for a few more terms at least.

I'd only be worried if the bottom of your flag were at the top, glad you figure we're not that bad off yet. ;)

Superfly
11-11-2012, 02:04 AM
I think everybody Heres you wall to wal and tree top tall.

Love the Pic Jim. It should be published

geargnasher
11-11-2012, 02:48 AM
If Congress moves quicker than they tend to, your flag will be a star short.

Should be good for a few more terms at least.

I'd only be worried if the bottom of your flag were at the top, glad you figure we're not that bad off yet. ;)

If the TEXAS congress moves quicker than THEY tend to, the number of stars will balance out nicely.

Gear

wgr
11-11-2012, 03:13 AM
Man a 105 with a bee hive round would top it off

ErikO
11-11-2012, 04:02 AM
If the TEXAS congress moves quicker than THEY tend to, the number of stars will balance out nicely.

Gear

If any state could manage that, it's Texas. I just hope that much like Canada, valid American ID would get you in and out ok.

DRNurse1
11-11-2012, 05:18 AM
If any state could manage that, it's Texas. I just hope that much like Canada, valid American ID would get you in and out ok.

Didn't the rules change for travel across the border.

I think I saw something on the History Channel about towns in Maine being split and needing some new fangled card or passport to cross the border.

Maybe Texas will grandfather in Legal US residents and allow us to cross.

ErikO
11-11-2012, 07:51 AM
Didn't the rules change for travel across the border.

I think I saw something on the History Channel about towns in Maine being split and needing some new fangled card or passport to cross the border.

Maybe Texas will grandfather in Legal US residents and allow us to cross.

With out northern border, the answer is 'it depends'. My wife and son were able to cross w/o passports when my MIL was dying in BC, but that about seven years ago or so.

I'd like to think that the Texicans would be happy to let us in, not too sure about the way back.

Jim
11-11-2012, 08:17 AM
Man a 105 with a bee hive round would top it off

Beehive? Shaw. I was thinkin' more along the lines of Willy Peters and HEs.

gray wolf
11-11-2012, 10:21 AM
Willy Peters--OH yea--White phosphorous--nasty stuff.

Jim
11-11-2012, 10:23 AM
In the mean time, for lack of a 105, I'll just keep my Gibbs loaded with 540s.

WILCO
11-11-2012, 11:03 AM

Once they hear you're one of those "Occupy" folks, they might tar and feather ya.

Wayne Smith
11-11-2012, 02:40 PM
Jim old buddy that did it !
I have got to get me a bigger flag
I think we should all have a pic like that, I absolutely love it.
Not a word needs to be spoken the pic says it all,
even though some of the boys did make some good suggestions.
I think it should be on the cover of the next NRA magazine.
Julie wants a quad 50 for our deck, sometimes I can't control that girl.
Sam in Maine

Jim, I love it. Sam, if you let Julie put a quad 50 on that deck you will sink your cabin!

jaystuw
11-12-2012, 02:00 AM
I could do the flag part all day at my house, but the rifle part would be a problem in less than 5 min. jay

Hamish
11-12-2012, 02:12 AM

Friend of mine talks about he and a friend messing about at the age of 13 with a capped length of iron pipe, a no.10 can of beans, black powder and a fuse. Something about a breached cinder block wall, a very large hole in a Buick, and the spectacular splat pattern,,,,

starmac
11-12-2012, 02:13 AM
I could do the flag part all day at my house, but the rifle part would be a problem in less than 5 min. jay

You can't have a rifle on your porch???

Hamish
11-12-2012, 02:15 AM

Location, location, location,,,,

jaystuw
11-12-2012, 02:56 AM

Honestly no, i don't think so. My neighbors would call the police very quickly. I believe we have a brandishing law in california. Thats the good part. the bad part is that a guy was shot and killed not that long ago in L.A. (40 miles south of me) for brandishing a sprinkler nozzle. another was shot through a sliding glass door for pointing a toy gun at a cop during a halloween party. (that was some time ago). I would not show off a gun in any urban or sub-urban part of southern calif. I think it would be very unwise.

bowfin
11-12-2012, 03:15 AM

badgeredd
11-12-2012, 10:50 AM
Great picture Jim.

I wish I had thought about such a unique concept. It really reminds me of good times in the past while stationed in rural Mississippi. A simpler time with simple values.

Edd

Jim
11-12-2012, 10:52 AM
Many comments and compliments; thank you all. I had no idea it would generate so many responses.

19112TAP
11-12-2012, 11:21 AM
I like it.

Love Life
11-12-2012, 04:40 PM
It is a great picture and I agree with one member on this thread that it should be published.

@Gray Wolf- If you put a quad 50 on the deck I will have to break my long standing rule to never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, visit the North East part of the US.

Jim
11-12-2012, 04:49 PM
It is a great picture and I agree with one member on this thread that it should be published.

I'm not too sure about that. That might come back and bite me in the butt. I don't need a bunch of people trackin' me down an' wantin' to ask me a bunch of fool questions. Next thing ya' know, I'll be "the terrorist of Floyd County".

geargnasher
11-12-2012, 04:49 PM
Yes LL, but there's something even more to the point about one man on his porch with a simple, open-sighted bolt rifle.

Gear

Love Life
11-12-2012, 04:52 PM
I'm not too sure about that. That might come back and bite me in the butt. I don't need a bunch of people trackin' me down an' wantin' to ask me a bunch of fool questions. Next thing ya' know, I'll be "the terrorist of Floyd County".

Good point. Maybe you could photo shop a handlebar mustache on it.

Jim
11-12-2012, 04:58 PM
Good point. Maybe you could photo shop a handlebar mustache on it.

It wouldn't take long for some jackleg reporter to find me. Not too many people in Floyd actually know where I live, but I ain't hard to locate when I go downtown. Besides, some slick willy could con somebody into thinkin' they'd be doin' somethin' good by tellin' him where I live.

The more I think about this, the more I wonder about leavin' it up. I dunno, the damage might already be done.

Love Life
11-12-2012, 05:02 PM
I see no damage done Jim. It is a great picture. I do not see anything terroristic, treasonus, secessionist, etc about it.

It is a great picture and I wouldn't be concerned about it on this site.

It is a bad day when you have to regret posting a great photo for fear of some coddled reporter trying to make a name for him/her self at your expense.

Jim
11-12-2012, 05:04 PM
Yeah, I guess you're right. I reckon I'm thinkin' too much "What if".

9.3X62AL
11-12-2012, 05:23 PM
Thass' right! BLEEP 'em if they can't take a joke.

starmac
11-12-2012, 05:24 PM
The real what if, is what if we all made the same sort of visual statement.

Jim
11-12-2012, 05:34 PM
THAT might draw some attention!

BruceB
11-12-2012, 05:39 PM
A full-scale blackpowder cannon, loaded with a couple pounds of buckshot or just scrap cast bullets )or whatever) would out-"beehive" any beehive round for OUR purposes.

One of my uncles,speaking of service in Korea, told of aiming the 155 at oncoming hordes by LOOKING DOWN THE BORE at the chi-coms coming up the hill..... no calculations, no nothing, just look-load-FIRE. He survived, so I guess it worked. I wonder how far the shell had to travel before it was armed? Maybe they had 155 beehives, too, but I don't know. Now, THAT would be a "riot gun".

starmac
11-12-2012, 05:41 PM
THAT might draw some attention!

This one made the news, with varying opinions.

http://www.wtsp.com/news/topstories/article/282329/250/Flag-protest-upsets-neighborhood-on-Veterans-Day

SharpsShooter
11-12-2012, 06:38 PM
God love ya Jim! The picture made my day! All I can add is AMEN brother.

SS

Freightman
11-12-2012, 06:49 PM
The City (Amarillo) was looking for someone to take the M60 Tank that sits on the court house lawn, but got no takers something about the moving something that heavy. So they decided to keep it.
PS I thought about it but my F250 wouldn't quite take the strain it is a '89

oneokie
11-12-2012, 07:10 PM
The City (Amarillo) was looking for someone to take the M60 Tank that sits on the court house lawn, but got no takers something about the moving something that heavy. So they decided to keep it.
PS I thought about it but my F250 wouldn't quite take the strain it is a '89

90,000 to 108,000 lbs would be a load for a F250.

firefly1957
11-12-2012, 08:54 PM
That is a nice flag in a perfect spot keeps it clean and dry. Not carrying a "black gun" is a bit of class.

Bullet Caster
11-12-2012, 09:49 PM
Nice going, Jim. I really love the simplicity of the photo. We all need a photo like that. BC

Jim
11-12-2012, 10:55 PM
A little story behind that particular flag. 'Bout ten years ago, I decided I wanted to start collecting flags. I got some from some interesting places.

A friend told me I could get one from a military base just for the asking. I decided to try my hand. I thought "Where would be a cool place to have a flag from?" Fort Bragg, home of the Special Forces.

I looked up the number and called. I told the lady that answered the phone what I wanted. "One moment, please" Coupla seconds later, another lady says "Commandant's Office. May I help you?"

I told her what I wanted. "One moment, please." A minute later, some man with a gruff voice answered. "General (don't remember), how can I help you, sir?" I told him what I wanted. "What's your name and address, sir?" I gave him the information. I'll see what I can do to help you. Anything else, Mr. Connor?" "No Sir, thank you very much!" I thought "yeah, right."

I'll be danged! About a week later, a box comes in the mail. Inside was the flag you see with a note: "To Mr. Jim Connor. This flag was flown at the main mast of Fort Bragg, NC. Thank you for your patriotism." I 'bout fell over!

I've had that flag folded and stowed along with my father's flag and Janet's father's flag. What with the way things are goin', I decided to haul it out and put it up. I ain't got a pole to put it up on yet, so I hung it on the porch with some eye screws. Next week, i'm gonna cut a saplin' and have me a flag pole. I'm waitin' on some dumb bahstud to tell me I gotta take it down. That's what the Gibbs is for.

Superfly
11-13-2012, 01:58 AM
I wish i could fly a flag But being a transplant It would not be Right for me to Do it.

So Jim Fly It for me too.

Jim
11-13-2012, 11:29 AM
..... there's something even more to the point about one man on his porch with a simple, open-sighted bolt rifle. Gear

I don't know why, Gear, but I keep thinkin' about your comment there. It just kinda' struck me, I reckon.

I'm old fashioned, old schooled an' jes' plain old. I ain't got no black rifle and don't need or want one. Too many movin' parts to suit me. Too much to keep up with.

I know for a fact that, if forces of authority were to come up here an' tell me I gotta surrender my rights, I wouldn't have a snow ball's chance in a brick oven. What am I gonna do with a bolt rifle?

I'll tell ya' one thing, though: If I get off just one round with my Gibbs, they'll be hollerin' "SWEET MOTHER O' JAYSUS! That crazy ol' man's got a ELEPHANT GUN!!"