PDA

View Full Version : muzzleloader to canada from US

HARRYMPOPE
11-09-2012, 07:23 PM
A buddy needs to send one to a relative in Canada is it a big hassle?

longbow
11-10-2012, 11:54 AM
If it is flintlock it should not be a problem at the Canadian border but if percussion it may be as they as classed as modern guns. Also, you have to have an FFL to export any firearms related product from the States.

Not sure of border regulations for importing a gun but as long as the recipient has a current PAL it should be okay.

I live near the border and there were (are) stores just across the border that used to offer to drive guns to the border for pick up but they had to have an FFL and they charged for the service. Not sure if that is still the case.

Now it is very difficult to get any firearms related product or reloading supplies exported from the States. American laws, not Canadian.

Best to have your friend and his relative check regulations on both sides of the border as many American export laws are very strict now.

Longbow

oldracer
11-10-2012, 01:15 PM
Earlier in the year I sold an Italian race car steering wheel made in 1970 to a fellow in Nova Scotia and the paperwork was a hassle! UPS took care of the stuff from our side but I got a call from the Canadians and they wanted to know if the customs had been paid when it came into the U.S. and I said that happened in 1970 and original owner was dead so I could not check. Caused a long pause at the other end and then they said they "thought" it would be okay....... Seems to be some gov't issues at the northern border that we don't have at the southern one, hell they just take 'um over!

I would suggest having the person come and get it!

longbow
11-10-2012, 03:57 PM
Best to have it shipped from Someone with an FFL.

It is illegal to export a firearm or firearm part, reloading product from the States according to Homeland Security. This included empty brass, cast boolits and gun parts ~ and not just to Canada, anywhere,

Not saying Canadian customs can't be a hassle but US laws are very strict now regarding possession and exporting of firearms, reloading supplies and even gun parts.

Longbow

nanuk
11-15-2012, 09:16 PM
HARRYMPOPE

PM sent

HARRYMPOPE
11-15-2012, 11:24 PM
thanks nanuk

george

nanuk
11-22-2012, 12:46 AM
no problem George.

good luck with it!

let me know how it goes if you use Prophet River

longbow
11-22-2012, 01:20 AM
I didn't realize this was a sticky but here you go:

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?145261-Shipping-outside-the-US-Seller-Warning