PDA

View Full Version : Ballisticast/Magma

rodsvet
11-09-2012, 02:17 AM
Does anyone know if the molds made by Magma are inter changeable with Ballisticast? I mean without machining or drilling. Their molds are considerably cheaper but I am told they are good quality. I usually only buy Saeco/Redding molds and older Lyman. Thanks, Rod

deltaenterprizes
11-09-2012, 03:51 PM
Yes they can be adapted

Buckshot
11-10-2012, 02:37 AM
.............Ballisticast is a sponser. They have a banner up at the top of the page.

................Buckshot

runfiverun
11-10-2012, 01:25 PM
depending on the mold you want,many of the ballisticast molds are the same cut as the magma molds.
they both cut some of the old H&G designs.
i'd just click on the balisticast icon above and ask them if the magma molds will work or not.

6bg6ga
01-26-2013, 08:38 AM
Does anyone know if the molds made by Magma are inter changeable with Ballisticast? I mean without machining or drilling. Their molds are considerably cheaper but I am told they are good quality. I usually only buy Saeco/Redding molds and older Lyman. Thanks, Rod

Rod,

I have emailed Ballisti-cast and was told there is machining that needs to be done as well as changing the sprew plate. I have six magma molds that I purchased off ebay due to cost effective pricing but when you factor in the cost of the kit it brings the total mold cost up to the cost of a new mold.

HATCH
01-26-2013, 10:04 AM
I would have to argue this point.
I got 6 magma molds that were used in a ballesticast
They run different sprue plates.
The keys are different and the sprue bolts are longer.
I will trade you b plates for m plates

You might have to machine b-molds to make them work in a magma but the molds i got look identical to the factory.

6bg6ga
01-26-2013, 12:55 PM
I would have to argue this point.
I got 6 magma molds that were used in a ballesticast
They run different sprue plates.
The keys are different and the sprue bolts are longer.
I will trade your m plates for b plates

You might have to machine b-molds to make them work in a magma but the molds i got look identical to the factory.

I'm just repeating what I was told. Still waiting for the machine. yet to even try the molds so I don't know for sure. It will be interesting to see what the difference is