PDA

View Full Version : Opening Deer Season Here

rexherring
11-08-2012, 02:04 PM
This week end is our opening deer season. Now we have 6 to 10 inches of snow forecast and a high temp of 20 with a low of only 2 degrees above. Love North Dakota, it was 62 above yesterday.

fishnbob
11-08-2012, 05:07 PM
Holey moley, I don't know how you guys do it. I'm bitchin' about 30 degrees in the morning and the wind blowing. My arthritis has got me locked up tighter than Dick's hatband. My hip is aching so bad, I can't climb the ladder to my tree stand. We are having our muzzle loader season right now and I can't get in the stand.

white eagle
11-08-2012, 05:30 PM
Man oh man sounds like a good start
I am getting a bit anxious what with all these deer openers from all over the country
beginning to think our season(Wis) is starting to late :(
perfect weather here 52° and everyone is out doing last minute whatever with all the people scurrying about it really messes up my bow hunting
Good Luck In North Dakota

runfiverun
11-08-2012, 09:49 PM
should be going into the rut right soon.
you going to hunt the grass lands over by medora,or head up by plenty wood?
seen a real,real nice buck up left from dickinson direction of plenty wood two years ago.

rexherring
11-09-2012, 12:49 AM
should be going into the rut right soon.
you going to hunt the grass lands over by medora,or head up by plenty wood?
seen a real,real nice buck up left from dickinson direction of plenty wood two years ago.

The guys I hunt with are north by Stanley between Williston and Minot. It's an area by a wildlife refuge called Lostwood. Get some nice white tails there using my Marlin .30-30 Ackley improved with 170 gr Lee cast. Or I hunt in Montana by the Yellowstone river for Mule deer. I usually use my Ruger Blackhawk .45 Colt in Montana.

runfiverun
11-09-2012, 12:59 PM
ahh, i know that area pretty well, good rolling hills along in there and lot's of coulees.
i hope you get out before this storm makes it there, it's wet stuff.

Crawdaddy
11-09-2012, 05:24 PM
Sounds a little chilley. I just got back and had great weather. I was thankful. mid 20's at night and a high of 70 in the day.
Going again in the Texas panhandle next week, uncertain what the weather will be at this point.

Make an adventure out of it and go get one.

rexherring
11-11-2012, 04:38 PM
Well, it got down to 4 degrees above zero this morning, a minus 18 wind chill and ice covered roads with no travel advised. I didn't need the damn deer anyway. As it is, they don't move on days like this anyway.