PDA

View Full Version : Nra

trying2learn
11-08-2012, 10:55 AM
Well not sure if this is the right area but I am proud of this. Just signed up for my lifetime membership in the NRA figured with the results of the election now is a perfect time to sign up. I have no idea what is going to be like as I have never been with them before. I am hopeful of it though. It also allows me to join some of the private ranges around here. Wjich is a plus. Anyone have any suggestions as a member ?
Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Echo
11-08-2012, 11:09 AM
One problem they have is us old farts that have been Life Members for decades. Legacy members don't generate annual dues, hence NRA's efforts to generate income in other ways (wine clubs, for example). Still, you made a wise choice. The NRA is a powerful lobbying force, and we conservatives need all the help we can get these days.

FISH4BUGS
11-08-2012, 01:55 PM
I am not happy with the NRA, but I am a member nonethless. Many letters to individual Board members and the Executive Director asking them to please take machine gun owners' needs into consideration amid lobbying efforts.
Machine guns, supressors, AOW's and SBR's re all legitimate areas of shooting and collecting. Think not? MG42 sells for $40,000, M2HB for $25,000, M16's for $15,000, crappy little MACs that cost about $50 to build sell for $3000. We are NOT the Fudds or the rifle shooters or the handgun shooters.
The NRA has thrown us under the bus as owners. The GCA 86 rules, which the NRA signed off on, prohibiting the creation of any new machine guns was the beginning of the end for the full auto owners and shooters.
I'll still be a member but I don't think they represent ALL of us.

alrighty
11-08-2012, 02:41 PM
Thank you for joining , I am sure we will need all the pro gun voices heard.I agree that the NRA has done several things that I don't agree with.I do get tired of the daily NRA phone call and Letter wanting more money.I am sure they waste lots of money but as stated it is the best game in town.I can't even imagine what our gun laws would be without them.I would love to see them get more involved with the NFA weapons as well.Having to jump through hoops in order to have a suppressed or full auto weapon is nonsense.We have the ability to do on the spot background checks to know of a persons history.It should not come down to how the Local Police chief or Sheriff views the 2nd amendment.I keep hearing little rumors that another amnesty may be in the works.That would allow more to be registered but after this election I seriously doubt that happening.

EMC45
11-08-2012, 02:43 PM
"M2HB for $25,000"

Where?!?! Last one I saw was 100K.

rockrat
11-08-2012, 02:45 PM
Look on Sturmgewehr.com. Probably $25-30K now. They were a bit higher when ammo was cheaper

Mike in TX
11-08-2012, 05:58 PM
Trying 2 learn

Congratulations on joining us old farts. Now get involved and make a difference. The NRA is not
perfect but it is among the best that we have.

Mike B

trying2learn
11-08-2012, 06:18 PM
Thank you everyone. I am still not sure what to expect.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

mold maker
11-08-2012, 06:32 PM
I've just re-joined to continue a 35 year membership. like others have stated, it aint perfect, but it's the best we have.

Bob Krack
11-08-2012, 08:39 PM
I appreciate most of what the NRA does for us. I hate the items they send me "on approval". They are still among our very best friend.

Bob

Firebricker
11-08-2012, 09:35 PM
Welcome to the Life Member club. You will get some letters now and then requesting donations but it is what they have to do to keep things rolling. As noted above they are not perfect but the NRAs good far out weighs their bad. With them we would be a lot worse off.
Thanks for joining,FB

jcwit
11-08-2012, 09:38 PM
I appreciate most of what the NRA does for us. I hate the items they send me "on approval". They are still among our very best friend.

Bob

So call the 800 number and stop it. Its free and its easy.

bobthenailer
11-09-2012, 10:25 AM
Thank you ! and congradulations for becomeing a NRA Life member !
I just wish more sportsman & shooters would become a yearly member or higher level member!
I first became a Life member in the mid 1970s , a Endowmet member in 2000, and a Patron member in 2112 .

Junior1942
11-09-2012, 10:28 AM
I've just re-joined to continue a 35 year membership. like others have stated, it aint perfect, but it's the best we have.Without the NRA we'd have to check our hunting and target guns out of a locker at the local police station.

Gliden07
11-09-2012, 11:37 AM
I live in Massachusettes and feel they do very little here. Constant phone calls and letters for more money, then I look at there Head Quarters in Fairfax and see why they call me for more money all the time! I'm on a limited budget and support the orginizations that help me. G.O.A.L. (Gun Owners Action League) and a new group I just found out about called COMM2A.

1Shirt
11-09-2012, 01:12 PM
Junior if right! Far more right than most will ever dream! Would be like England, and the common man would not be able to have A firearm, much less numerous firearms. And most would not be able to afford to have firearms or to be able to afford to hunt.
1Shirt!:coffee:

Hardcast416taylor
11-09-2012, 02:43 PM
YUP! Been a "Lifer" for quite a few years. Seems like I get some kind of mailing or other every other week wanting me to sign up for their life insurance, gun insurance, credit cards, upgrading my membership to a higher level or telling me to make them a beneficary in my will!

Been to Fairfax several times and went thru the firearm museum about 5 times and still didn`t see all they were exhibiting. Talked with a few people there about what was on my mind, don`t think they were listening an awful lot though. If you guys can ever get to Fairfax, Va I highly recommend you see the firearms museum. Last time I was there, 2 years back, they had just expanded the museum and moved and shrunk the gift shop area.Robert

Freightman
11-09-2012, 03:03 PM
Been a member for years along with GOA TRA for $65 a year for all pretty cheap in my est.

shooter93
11-09-2012, 07:04 PM
I've been a Benefactor for ever although I don't think of them as a hard line Legislative group. Since the days of Harlon Carter and they're constant working at keeping Neal Knox off the board they have gone downhill but any organization that aids in gun issues is a good thing. While I do still donate to them it's not in the quanity that I give to Neal Knox's outfit of the JPFO.