PDA

View Full Version : Found new cheap way to money transfer!

338RemUltraMag
11-08-2012, 12:16 AM
Since Paypal has done away with the free "gift" portion of the website, I have been looking around for another way to transfer money as easily.and securely as before. Well guys, I found it!

Walmart and AMEX now offers Bluebird, it takes 6 bucks for the card and has all of the features of Paypal and a checking account and comes with a personalized card. Anyone with this card can send money to another Bluebird member for FREE and do it INSTANTLY! No more need to add a 3-5% increase to your item just for a convienent feature. If you get a BB card when you sell something you can say "I take MO, check, paypal (add 4%) or Bluebird.

I am in no way affiliated with Walmart or Bluebird (AMEX) I just wanted to help out the members here.

Take care and God Bless!

Josh

Oreo
11-08-2012, 01:46 AM
Interesting. I hate walmart and dislike amex but maybe they have something here.

Alvarez Kelly
11-08-2012, 01:48 AM
You can still use PayPal to send money to "family and friends" without a fee. I doesn't specifically say "gift", but the results are the same.

Well, at least I still can.

I guess I'm not sure what you are talking about.

338RemUltraMag
11-08-2012, 02:45 AM
You can still use PayPal to send money to "family and friends" without a fee. I doesn't specifically say "gift", but the results are the same.

Well, at least I still can.

I guess I'm not sure what you are talking about.

I may have been doing it wrong, but with no additional fees on that card even I cant mess it up!

I tried it back when they first started some changes and couldnt figure it out.

capreppy
11-08-2012, 02:53 AM
I've sent "gift" payments as recent as a couple of weeks back. And they are certainly not friends and family.

With that being said, I did see this in an ad a few weeks back. Interesting concept except not many folks take AmEx. I typically sell stuff to buy reloading components and PV I know doesn't take AmEx. Pretty sure they don't take PayPal either. And I think there is a charge to "cash out".

338RemUltraMag
11-08-2012, 03:05 AM
http://money.cnn.com/2012/10/08/pf/walmart-american-express-bluebird/index.html

Sounds fairly simple and straight forward.

GT1
11-08-2012, 06:09 AM
I still have the gift optiopn, and it says 'gift' right next to the selector.

Might be unverified or unconfirmed accounts not having the option? I don't know, I've had my account for over a decade...

Finster101
11-08-2012, 07:23 AM
If you are linking to a credit card you can not "gift" without paying a fee. If you have cash in the account or link to a bank account gift with no fee still works.

DukeInFlorida
11-08-2012, 08:15 AM
I have an active acct with PayPal, and a open balance.
I can do gift payments with no fee easily and freely.

imashooter2
11-08-2012, 08:31 AM
Buying a prepaid credit card to receive "free" payments isn't free.

maglvr
11-08-2012, 09:22 AM
I send a paypal gift on tuesday(2 days ago).

BeemerMark
11-08-2012, 09:28 AM
If you are linking to a credit card you can not "gift" without paying a fee. If you have cash in the account or link to a bank account gift with no fee still works.

If you send money as a gift and it's from a CC the seller gets hit with the 2.8% fee. But as Finster says, if you send money from an account linked to a bank it is still free.

I know people really hate paypal but I really think twice about buying from someone who doesn't. Paypal is simply too easy compared to taking off work to get a MO.

JonB_in_Glencoe
11-08-2012, 09:51 AM
If you send money as a gift and it's from a CC the seller gets hit with the 2.8% fee.

Are you sure about that ?
I'm pretty sure the buyer gets hit with that fee.

sig2009
11-08-2012, 10:12 AM

Correct. I do it all the time!

woodlecj
11-08-2012, 10:16 AM
I just did it last night as a gift. My Paypal pulls directly from my bank account.

Bulldogger
11-08-2012, 10:22 AM
gets hit with the pass-through fee. JonB is right.

I've taken a few CC payments via paypal for eBAy and such, and I lost money on it.

Bulldogger

farmallcrew
11-08-2012, 10:29 AM
Me as the seller, have gotten hit with the charges.

gnoahhh
11-08-2012, 10:48 AM
They make it a tiny bit difficult to do. You have to click into the second page of options to find the 'gift' feature. It's still there and works as stated above. PayPal may be antagonistic toward gun owners, but I'm not about to cut my nose off to spite my face- it's the simplest, safest way to transfer funds on the Internet.

km101
11-08-2012, 10:51 AM
If you ban at Chase you can send money to anyone with an email address with no fees. Simple and fast. No fees on either side. Works for me.

338RemUltraMag
11-08-2012, 11:31 AM
That was my problem, it transferred money from my CC to pay for an item, so I got hit with a fee. Well take this for what it is worth, I think it is an innovative way to save a few bucks.

FredMcIntire
11-08-2012, 11:51 AM
I personally find that PayPal offers a valuable service to both buyers and sellers, and as such, I really don't mind paying the fee for their services. I have the PayPal Debit Card and it's really convenient to sell an item and be able to access the funds immediately.

Just my .02 cents . . . .

little willie
11-08-2012, 12:04 PM
Fred,

I agree. If they provide the service. they deserve to get paid for it. "Gifting" for a purchase is CHEATING them what they have due.

If a seller/buyer will cheat PayPal, what reassurance do I have that they won't cheat me too?

Plus, PayPal has intervened on my behalf when a seller didn't come through.

My 2 cents.

little willie

338RemUltraMag
11-08-2012, 01:40 PM
That was my point willie, I will offer it over paypal...

For me it makes sense and gets me away from supporting that gun hating, liberal company!

Springfield
11-08-2012, 02:26 PM
What makes you think Wal-Mart and especially Amex aren't gun hating companies? I figure every time I use PP to pay for gun related items I am sticking it to them in my own small way.

JonB_in_Glencoe
11-08-2012, 03:10 PM
I agree. If they provide the service. they deserve to get paid for it. "Gifting" for a purchase is CHEATING them what they have due.

I have had this argument with a few others here. CHEATING is a strong word when you are using a service they provide for free in a "Personal" transaction option.

A business selling a product is making a profit, and when doing so, Paypal asks for a small bite of it...and that is fine.

When you go to a garage sale and swap some cash for an item, it is not a purchase from a business, it is a "Personal" transaction.

Some of the subsections of "Personal" transactions include: Gift, Money owed, Other. Why would they offer these, if not for a garage sale type transaction.

If most of us that are using Paypal gift in the sellin' and swappin forum are CHEATING, I think Paypal would crack down on it sooner or later.

That's my 2¢
Jon

little willie
11-08-2012, 05:35 PM
My opinion. A GIFT is something given without expectation of payment or reimbursement, as in a birthday gift, anniversary gift or graduation gift.

I'm not familiar with their other selections because I don't use them.

A product for sale, either by a business or private party, in my opinion is not a gift.

As far as "If most of us that are using Paypal gift in the sellin' and swappin forum are CHEATING, I think Paypal would crack down on it sooner or later.", that is such a minute part of their overall transactions, they wouldn't even know if the entire sellin' & swapin' forum disappeared.

Obviously, we are of different opinions.

little willie

BeemerMark
11-08-2012, 06:47 PM
Fred,
I agree. If they provide the service. they deserve to get paid for it. "Gifting" for a purchase is CHEATING them what they have due
little willie

??? Then why do they offer the service? And you don't have to click "Gift" (I don't). Click "Money Owed" if it makes you feel better.

Bob Krack
11-08-2012, 08:34 PM
If I had an auto accident and the body shop offered to fix something they knew was not a part of the accident being claimed and charge the insurance company, is that cheating?

My morality says that if they will lie to the insurance company, they will lie to me.

A gift is a gift, not a means to avoid a business fee that you agreed to ahead of time.

My opinion - my conscience - my soul talking. You live your life and I will live mine.

Bob