PDA

View Full Version : deer whompers!!

Lloyd Smale
06-11-2007, 01:41 PM
been playing with a tc carbine in 4570. It really shoots a 540wfngc ballisticast mold bullet. This bullet weights about 550 sized and lubed out of #2 and thats what ive been shooting them at. Load ive been using pushes them to about 1200 fps out of the 18 inch barrel. Recoil isnt bad at all. Today i strated experimenting with casting them as soft nosed bullets. I first tried a 32 sw long case then a 32 mag and settled on a 38 special as the proper dipper. It fills out the nose about perfectly. Running two pots and pourning the nose first then immediately pourning the base out of #2 ive been getting perfect bullets with no visable flaws. Just a definate devideing line where the nose and bodys but up no cracks just a differnce in colar as the nose is alot brighter. I havent weighted the noses but im guessing theres about 200 grains of pure lead in them. The bullet as casted without lube or checks are going a very consisntant 550 grain. That big wfn with that pure nose has got to put a hurting on anything a guy would put it into.

Bass Ackward
06-11-2007, 01:55 PM
been playing with a tc carbine in 4570.

Glad to see your back is doing better. :grin:

DanWalker
06-11-2007, 01:57 PM
NICE!
I experimented with cast soft noses in my 45/70. I used a 405rnfp. I used a 454 roundball melted in a dipper that I'd pour in for the nose, then follow that with my 50/50 WW / Lead mix. I pushed them at around 1400 fps. It made some pretty big holes in wet phone books. Never did shoot anything living with them.

Lloyd Smale
06-11-2007, 03:52 PM
aint really doing better just gives me a short amount of time with the pills that i can make it to the barn.
Glad to see your back is doing better. :grin:

truckboss
06-11-2007, 09:45 PM
i would love to see the hole that thing makes. ps,i'm gonna see the doc for my back tomarow.already had 2 (epaderals)the big neddle thingy.i think its time for them to get out the hack saw.

Lloyd Smale
06-12-2007, 06:29 AM
hope you have better luck with it then i have!!
i would love to see the hole that thing makes. ps,i'm gonna see the doc for my back tomarow.already had 2 (epaderals)the big neddle thingy.i think its time for them to get out the hack saw.

hicard
06-12-2007, 10:44 AM
I had that done awhile back. The second one put me down and I didn't want to go in for the third. The third one hurt the worst and drew quite a bit of blood but did my back a lot better. It is not a permanent solution though it will give you relief for awhile.