PDA

View Full Version : White felt piece

MikeS
11-05-2012, 03:41 PM
Hi All.

I recently bought a set of shooting sticks, a blow tube, and a chamber mop from Shiloh, and included in the package was a piece of white felt about 5"x8" that has a plastic backing on it, a couple of snaps, and 2 slits in the center of the 5" length, one on either side, but leaving the 2 halves attached in the center. I'm at a loss for what this is. I was thinking maybe it's to put on the sticks to cushion the rifle if I felt the leather alone wasn't enough, or good enough, but as I'm not sure what the heck it is, I thought before I call Shiloh and look stupid asking, I would ask here, and look stupid here. :) Thanks!

45/70fan
11-05-2012, 05:13 PM
Better call Shiloh and ask them, nobody else is going to hazard a guess and look stupid either.

Don McDowell
11-05-2012, 05:16 PM
Sounds like they sent you a sent of crosstick pads,
http://www.wyomingbpcr.com/gentlemanjim/CrossStickPads.html

MikeS
11-05-2012, 06:00 PM
Don, thanks, that's exactly what it is. Thanks for the link with the pictures.

Don McDowell
11-05-2012, 11:47 PM
Glad to help

MikeS
11-06-2012, 01:51 AM
Looking at Gentleman Jim's other products it looks like the bore swabs I got are also one of his products. I guess next time I need more of them I know where to get them now, as his prices are slightly less than Shiloh's.

Don McDowell
11-06-2012, 05:10 PM
Jimbo is a great sort of fella and one of the shooters they'll be talking about 100 years from now. He and Mr. Wasserburger are often a shooting team. So anything Jimbo sells is well tested and prooven.

cajun shooter
11-09-2012, 10:35 AM
KW helped me with tons of information when I first got into shooting the BP in cartridge guns. He also put me in contact with Jim and these two guys are top drawer no matter what they do.
Jim has some neat tools and every time I anneal brass now it is so much easier because of one of his tools.
I had wished with all my heart to be able to go and spend two weeks receiving instruction from him on BPCR shooting. I then came down with some very serious medical problems that kept me from going. At my age of 65 I had no thoughts of being a top contender in any match but I knew with his training I would not be at the bottom of the board.
Look and buy his products as you will never deal with a finer person.