PDA

View Full Version : Please allow me to vent

William Yanda
11-04-2012, 09:08 AM
Guys
I just gotta vent. I received a notice from Ebay this morning that my listing for pewter ingots was removed as being in violation of their policy against selling ammo components.
No problem when I listed it in Outdoor Sports/Hunting/Reloading/Molds, but when i changed the category to Jewelry/Supplies it was delisted. And it seems that I have a dim memory of a recent communication from Ebay informing me they had liberalized their policies on sale of gun parts. Go figure.
Thanks for listening.
Bill

Jim
11-04-2012, 09:13 AM
Is there anything in your ad that has to do with casting boolits and/or handloading? If so, change it. If not, I would challenge them as some folks use tin for casting jewelry and such.

randyrat
11-04-2012, 09:24 AM
You gotta learn to dance and go home with money in your pocket. Don't get stubborn get smart. There are ways around everything.

Who says you have to mention anything about boolits. The people looking for boolit alloys know what to look for.

Roundnoser
11-04-2012, 11:09 AM
That doesn't make sense. E-bay allows sales of lead all the time. I think its the way you advertise it. Most of the lead sellers quote, "for fishing sinkers" Etc. -- And if the knit-wits at E-bay though about it, they would realize that there are ALOT of steps, experience and money involved to take lead from raw form to making a bullet capable of firing from a gun. Bad guys and gang-bangers don't cast bullets to commit crimes!

I once sold an old M-203 quad sight (for a grenade launcher that attaches to the M-16 rifle) on E-bay. The first time I listed it, I used the term "M-203" and "M-16". Needless to say, they pulled the listing and gave me a warning about their policy on selling military ordinance-related items. BUT, there were other quad sights for sale, so why where they picking on me?! I relisted it but did not make reference to any kind of military weapons. I used
"AR15" , "Airsoft", "Unique sights"...and added "for display purposes." -- Ebay left it alone and it sold.

JonB_in_Glencoe
11-04-2012, 11:19 AM
as I understand it, Ebay only does that if it's flagged by someone.
Have you PO'ed anyone there ?

375RUGER
11-04-2012, 11:32 AM
check the linotype ads in ebay. Most of them say for "bullet casting" or something like that.

William Yanda
11-04-2012, 12:40 PM
I must have disturbed some tree-huggers sense of equanimity when I changed the category to Jewelry/Supplies. I asked Ebay about the Lead ingots for casting but that was only this morning and they haven't answered yet. Hope that doesn't mess it up for someone else. Bullet molds are perfectly acceptable but supplies for using them are not? Does not compute.
regards
Bill

HangFireW8
11-04-2012, 01:55 PM
Ebay's previous policy was "chain of firing" so brass and bullets were out but molds were OK. Lead has always been OK so I think this is either a mistake or a wrong category complaint.

HF

Defcon-One
11-06-2012, 06:05 PM
I used to sell all of my once fired brass, the stuff that I did not need, on Ebay. I made quite a bit of spending money for myself and for them, then one day they said no more. I was told that anything that could make the gun go bang was no longer allowed. So, I asked how an inert, empty brass case could make a gun go bang. They never replied, so I guess they did not have an answer. I have never sold brass or anything gun related there again.

My loss is their loss! I post my brass on this website now!

Why not just sell it on a friendly site like castboolits.com or gunbroker.com and not help Ebay or the gun banners by funding them with the commissions?

If you post here, just donate a percentage of the money to the site and it will work out the same!