PDA

View Full Version : Oops

trying2learn
11-03-2012, 07:00 PM
As the title suggest I made a oops. I bought a lee mold from ebay thinking it was a 30 cal nold and after I paid and it shipped I realized it was really a 7mm mold.

Would you guys keep it in case you ever get that caliber or would you try and trade it for a mold you could use. I am trting to figure out what I will do. Figured I would ask you fine people for advice.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

imashooter2
11-03-2012, 07:05 PM
I've just recently decided to sell off a bunch of stuff I've been saving for a "someday" that never came...

**oneshot**
11-03-2012, 07:21 PM
I have enough someday stuff myself, but if you need a reason to buy a rifle or a barrel, Now you have it.

trying2learn
11-03-2012, 07:36 PM
See I even said that to my wife. However the look I got gave me the odea that I won't get a new rifle anytime soon. I was thinking hold onto the mold for a little while but I was really wanting a 30 cal or 9mm mold. Which is where my delima comes in. O such a decision is a pain lol.

1Shirt
11-03-2012, 07:36 PM
Ya need a 7mm, I suggest a 7x57 in a 77 Ruger would be most likeable.
1Shirt!

trying2learn
11-03-2012, 07:37 PM
Ya need a 7mm, I suggest a 7x57 in a 77 Ruger would be most likeable.
1Shirt!

Lol you married? Cuz I could just swap for you then. Cuz I really can't convience my wife of this. Lol.

cbrick
11-03-2012, 08:00 PM
WHAT? No new rifle? Geez, keep the mold, get the rifle and trade the wife. :coffeecom

Just occured to me, perhaps that's why I'm single. I got a gun for my wife, best trade I ever made. :lol:

Rick

trying2learn
11-04-2012, 04:50 AM
WHAT? No new rifle? Geez, keep the mold, get the rifle and trade the wife. :coffeecom

Just occured to me, perhaps that's why I'm single. I got a gun for my wife, best trade I ever made. :lol:

Rick

Not to baf a idea. There are just two words to describe the problem that might come about. Child Support. Lol.

runfiverun
11-04-2012, 02:51 PM
it ain't gonna rust or eat anything...
just find another mold..
trade value on a lee 2 cavity is about 6 bucks.
molds only come in 2 kinds. good and not good..
eventually you'll find the need for a 7x57 or a 280.

trying2learn
11-04-2012, 03:47 PM
I figure I would keep it because its a one cavity and if someone on here wants to try a 7mm boolit I can help out. I tried it today and after I remembered to clean the cavity it started to drop real pirty boolits. So I may be tossing a pif up for those I made today. Thanks for the advice.

Bullet Caster
11-04-2012, 04:17 PM
I'd get rid of it first chance that comes up. No need for anything setting around collecting dust when you actually need another mould. I'd sell it or swap it for another mould. Of course that's just my opinion and they're like...well, you know what opinions are like. And everybody's got one. Lol. BC

trying2learn
11-04-2012, 04:24 PM
Lol I guess if the right mold came up I probably will. But for the time being I am not going to go searching for a swap.I figure a few pif won't hurt anything. Or even just for someone looking to try and boolit. Even thouvh I won't be able to gc for them. It could still help someone I guess and that's what we on this site are all about. Right. ??

big dale
11-04-2012, 04:26 PM
I would buy that 7mm/08 that I have been wanting to buy.

Have fun with this stuff.

Big Dale

5 RING
11-04-2012, 04:57 PM
As the title suggest I made a oops. I bought a lee mold from ebay thinking it was a 30 cal nold and after I paid and it shipped I realized it was really a 7mm mold.

Would you guys keep it in case you ever get that caliber or would you try and trade it for a mold you could use. I am trting to figure out what I will do. Figured I would ask you fine people for advice.

Get rid of it as fast as you can. About two years ago I acquired a “30 cal” mold off of evilbay, turned out to be a 6.5mm. Which at that time I didn’t have a 6.5mm anything. So I decided to keep it I might get a 6.5mm in the future. Yep that’s what happened now I have a Arisaka, Carcano, Vetterii , AG42 and browning X-bolt (260Rem) all in 6.5mm, all because I kept one stinking mold. :bigsmyl2:

number7tn
11-16-2012, 02:51 AM
i know this post is a few days old , but you could cast up a bunch and sell the boolits or trade em for a mold you need now.

or cast up a bunch to keep and sell the mold , least you would have the boolits to try then if you get a 7mm.

or like you said use it to help someone out (i like this plan).

seems like when i keep a mold or dies etc incase i ever get a gun for em , specilly the guns id like most that i never get it , then when i get rid of the mold i luck up and get the gun. goes that way with everything i guess , car parts, 4 wheeler parts , tools , oh well guess thats my luck.

GOD BLESS
Darrell

Jim Flinchbaugh
11-16-2012, 04:12 PM
how much you want for the mold? I might just take it off your hands

dragonrider
11-16-2012, 08:32 PM
Consider it as future trading material.

trying2learn
11-17-2012, 01:36 AM
how much you want for the mold? I might just take it off your hands

Sent ya a pm on it.