PDA

View Full Version : Good service form RCBS

frkelly74
11-03-2012, 04:43 PM
Just a heads up on service from RCBS, I had the carbide ring come loose and pull out of my 44 Mag sizer die and so I called them and the person I talked to said I should just send it back for replacement. So I did and today I got a new die back,8 days total elapsed time from sending to receiving, Calender days not business days. I also got a new decapping stem lock ring and die box. I am a happy camper.

fatnhappy
11-03-2012, 04:51 PM
I have come to expect nothing less from RCBS.

runfiverun
11-03-2012, 05:00 PM
i'm surprised they asked for it back..

Crusty Deary Ol'Coot
11-03-2012, 08:52 PM
Yes, over the top service.

I bought a used RCBS sizer/luber and it ended up with some kind of issue.

They replaced it.

My old Rock Chucker press, bought used, they replaced the ram just because the shell holders would twist.

Good company

Crusty Deary Ol'Coot

Dean D.
11-04-2012, 02:18 AM
I have been a loyal fan of RCBS my entire 40+ year handloading career but I recently had my loyalty re-affirmed. I have never had any need to deal with their customer service previously but did so for the first time earlier this week.

The Uniflow powder measure I've been using most of my loading career was purchased new in the early 1960s by my Dad. Somewhere along the many moves over the years the powder hopper cap was broken. I glued what pieces I could find back together with the intention of buying a replacement someday.

I also recently purchased an RCBS Primer Pocket Swage combo 2 through MidwayUSA. When I tried to use it on my old Herters Turret head press I discovered the case stripper would not fit over the larger ram on my press. :groner: I did some research and discovered they make a case stripper for the RCBS Big Max press that should work.

I went to the RCBS website fully intending to purchase both the powder hopper cap and the case stripper. Unfortunately I could not find those listed on their website and multiple searches including part numbers came up blank. So... I called them to try and order the parts. The customer service rep. took my order, including asking specifically what the diameter of my press ram was to verify that the Big Max version of the case stripper WOULD work. When I said that was all I wished to order the customer service rep said "Those will ship tomorrow, no charge". "Wait", I said, "I wasn't expecting free stuff, I'm more than happy to pay for the parts and shipping". None of these parts were needed due to anything RCBS did or could have prevented. The customer service rep happily replied "Yes, we are sending them to you free, it's our customer service policy".

I will continue to be a loyal fan of RCBS. I like their products and I really like their customer service! :awesome:

Love Life
11-04-2012, 04:27 AM
Thanks for the info Dean. I was wondering how to use the RCBS swager on my Lee Classic cast due to the ram being to large for the case stripper to fit over it. Now I know. Looks like I will be giving RCBS a call Monday.

Crusty Deary Ol'Coot
11-04-2012, 11:44 AM
Yep, Dean!

My experience exactly!

Crusty Deary Ol'Coot