PDA

View Full Version : White Mtn. Carbine

joatmon
06-09-2007, 10:19 PM
Any thoughts on a TC white mountian carbine 50cal,quality,worth? Mighty short barrel,on average will they shoot? Thanks

dubber123
06-09-2007, 11:39 PM
I don't have a T/C carbine, but I have a 21" barrel .54 carbine. It will put 3 430 gr. Maxi-balls into 3/4" at 50 yds. consistantly. I consider this pretty good. I would expect the T/C to do as well with a load it likes. Thompson makes high quality stuff, and the carbines are a handy item for sure.

chevyiron420
06-10-2007, 03:14 AM
joatmon, i have one and i think its real nice and well made. unfortunetly i have only fired it about 5 times, a few years ago. i remember it was shockingly accurate, but thats all i remember.-phil[smilie=2:

versifier
06-10-2007, 01:46 PM
They shoot very well, their quality is excellent, and the nice short barrel makes them much handier in thick cover. I took six inches off a Renegade barrel the year before they came out with the WMC for that very reeason. Here in the White Mtns, the ranges are short and the visibility in the woods is often poor with the mix of soft and hardwoods. Longer barrels can really get hung up on things when you have to make a quick shot. As to what it's worth, that depends on where you live - m/l's vary a lot in price on the used market depending on how popular they are and how much extra time you can hunt with them in your state before or after regular rifle season. Around here, if it is in good shape inside and out, (with no rust in the barrel from not having been cleaned), then you might find them in the range of $150-250.

joatmon
06-10-2007, 03:31 PM
Thanks all. I got this NIB (although the box has seen better days) and am about to get buyers remorse. I would have to get 250.00 if I sell it but wondered if that was way to high. Been along time since I bought a ML. I'll ponder this a day or two and either shoot it or sell it! Thanks again

Slamfire
06-13-2007, 12:19 AM
T/Cs are worth $250 bucks easily. Mine shoots good, although I've not tried any conicals yet. :coffee: