PDA

View Full Version : Mark X caster

rodsvet
11-01-2012, 08:55 PM
Anyone heard anything new on the new Balisticast Mark X?? If they can get these things into our hands for under 2K with all the bells and whistles, then I am going into hock for one. I think though that they should give a discount for you when you purchase 4 molds at a time for the machine. $400.00 seems high for 4 two cavity molds. The video looks slick and real fast.

ReloaderFred
11-02-2012, 01:31 AM
He posted the updated information on it here: http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?p=1901289#post1901289

Hope this helps.

Fred

rodsvet
11-02-2012, 11:47 AM
Thank you Fred. $2700 plus is a little steep for me. It is worth it I'm sure but as I'm getting a lot older, I may not live long enough to realize the benefit. Maybe a mastercaster is where I'll look. Rod

Roundnoser
11-02-2012, 11:58 AM
Wow! That is slick! I'm not going to part with my Master Caster, but the Mark X will stay on my wish list! I'm always looking for my next "toy"!

ReloaderFred
11-02-2012, 12:37 PM
Rod,

I've got a Master Caster, and so does my casting buddy. It's the way to go, especially as we get older. I'm 68, and hand casting just takes too much time and effort. I can cast bullets by the thousands with my Master Caster, but my last hand casting session for an odd bullet only lasted about an hour and a half before I was tired of it. I've often spent 8 hours on the Master Caster, and then started sizing bullets for a couple of hours. I sure can't do that hand casting.

Like you, I can't justify spending that much on a machine at this age, but it looks like a good machine.

Hope this helps.

Fred

angus6
11-04-2012, 06:43 AM
Thank you Fred. $2700 plus is a little steep for me. It is worth it I'm sure but as I'm getting a lot older, I may not live long enough to realize the benefit. Maybe a mastercaster is where I'll look. Rod

Dang I only gave $2750 for my Bullet Master with 3 sets of molds and have seen several in that price range since

rodsvet
11-04-2012, 03:32 PM
Angus, if I could find a bullet Master for that type of money and in good condition, I would go into hock for it. Hell, I could cast up all my 1600 lbs. of linotype into .45 & .357, and then sell it at a profit. I never seem to run into any great deals. If you'd like to make $50 profit real fast, send me a PM. Just kidding, man you got a good deal. I think I read that they cast 3-4000 boolits an hour. Have a great day! Rod

rodsvet
11-05-2012, 08:25 PM
I sent two emails a couple of days ago and tried calling Ballisticast today because of the discount offered on the remaining Mark IV machines. They didn't answer the phone or respond to the emails. I wonder about a new company that has poor service BEFORE the sale. I'm going to go with Magma, they answer the phone and I've dealt many times with them in the past. They will be there next year if I need parts or help. Rod