PDA

View Full Version : Some local Marlins for sale...

FergusonTO35
11-01-2012, 01:09 PM
I went to my favorite shop at lunch to pick up some primers and saw they had some uncommon Marlins in stock. I have no connection to them other than as a customer and thought someone here might be interested in these. The prices are what I remember so don't hold me to it.

Marlin 444: uncheckered wood, pistol grip stock, longer mag tube with split band on the end instead of a tenon. Looks to be in excellent shape with some honest wear and an inexpensive 4X scope and mounts. The rear sight is missing. $475.00

Marlin 1894, .44 magnum carbine: pre-safety model, uncheckered wood, straight grip stock. Factory sights and weaver type scope mount. Has a rather worn appearance but doesn't look to be neglected or abused. $375.00

Marlin 1895, .45-70 rifle: North Haven made, new with hang tags. Checkered wood and pistol grip stock. Looks factory fresh, probably one of the last Connecticut guns. Checkered wood and pistol grip stock. $550.00

Mike's Guns & Archery is happy to ship to your FFL and they take alot of trades. Good folks to deal with, phone # 502-223-8120.

badge176
11-09-2012, 04:44 PM
I called today, that .44 mag is still there! I can't buy another Marlin! But I want to buy this one!!!

badge176
11-09-2012, 07:47 PM
Damn! SPF... To me, FFL and MO to Mike and its my Xmas gift to myself!!!

MakeMineA10mm
11-11-2012, 07:21 PM
Good thing you got that, or I'd be in trouble with my wife! :)

TXGunNut
11-11-2012, 09:16 PM
Sounds like my kind of gun shop.

badge176
11-11-2012, 10:02 PM
but if it turns out to be good, I'll not only brag/ be thankful for my good fortune; I'll give my recommendation on the shop.

Been wrong before but I continue to believe in honest good people being more common than you'd think!

Elkins45
11-12-2012, 04:24 PM
Mike's is about two miles from my office. I'm in there reasonably often. If I want a gun ordered he's the first guy I ask. He's the one I had my left handed Zastava shipped to from the AR group buy. It's the one gun shop I still frequent where the owner calls me by my name when I walk in the door. Bud Wells used to know my name, but I never see him behind the counter at Bud's anymore.

I was in there today and he has another 44 carbine listed at $450. It's in better shape than the one you described.

Mike Sloan is a good guy and I think you won't go wrong trusting him.

badge176
11-15-2012, 05:27 PM
The way I love my vintage guns!

Elkins45
11-16-2012, 08:16 PM
The 444 isn't there anymore. I brought it home with me after work today. The price on the hang tag was $425, not $475.

Sgt Red Leg
11-21-2012, 04:42 PM
Elkins45 . . . Howdy! You say "Bud" has/had a .44 carbine for sale? I guess that was a Marlin and not by chance a Ruger, was it ? I don't know "Bud" . . . . . what with being in the 'People Republic' and all.
Thanks!

Elkins45
11-22-2012, 01:39 AM
No, it's a Marlin and the shop is Mike's Guns in Frankfort.

The reference to Buds was about good local shops because I remember 20 years ago when Buds was called The Gun Shop and you could actually find Bud behind the counter. Sorry for the confusion.

badge176
11-25-2012, 01:29 PM
I have that 1894 .44 in my paws now and she's fine! Straight, plain walnut with nice color and great shape. No real thinking of the blue but 2 parallel scratches on r side of receiver. Bore looks crisp (micro-groove) and aside from White-out or nail polish on front sight bead the iron sights are GTG. Came in a functional, "vintage" case, AND already has sling swivels mounted fore and aft! Couldn't be happier! Mike's shipping charge was very respectable and transaction was smooth from the first call.

Overall, I got a gun that I'd really wanted, in better shape than I'd expected, shipped for less than I'm used to, and at a better price than I'd seen elsewhere!!!

FergusonTO35
12-07-2012, 01:26 PM
I'm glad to hear it. Mike's is an awesome shop to deal with, I would have alot more money in my pocket if not!!

Elkins, that 444 is a really nice gun but I just can't deal with the "extra" barrel band it has.

I've been to Bud's a few times and really, I'm not impressed. Sure, they have an indoor range and way more merchandise than anywhere else but they don't have the great service I get at Mike's. More than once I've had Mike order something that Bud's had in stock because he has truly earned my business.