PDA

View Full Version : I Hate Computers

KCSO
06-08-2007, 04:56 PM
I had to get a new laptop for work and since no one else in the office wanted to learn Vista I got this turkey. I have been working to set up and transfer my files since 07:58 this morning and now 15:50, i am still not done. The computer came empty and I had to install ALL the programs and every one so far has required a patch to run. Nothing looks the same and none of the controlls are in the same spots so this has been a total PITA. I wish I were in the envialble position of my old Sheriff who said," I'll just retire before I have to learn that sh!t". The only thing worse would be if I had to retrain my staff on a new O/S, the last time it was a month before we were fully up and running.

BCB
06-08-2007, 05:40 PM
KCSO,
I agree…I have a few more years to go where I work and a laptop is an integral part of my day…I must write inspection reports and keep track of much stuff!!! Sometimes the laptop won’t talk to the printer when I get home—OR, it locks it up, OR, some other bullsh*t stuff. We have a computer guru at the office, but he takes his time at solving problems. I need the dang thing to work now, not after the water cooler discussion of what linebacker should be drafted or who is the worst pitcher or whatever. My home computer is just the minimum to go to the Net and to do the basic word, excel, access, stuff. But, I must admit that e-mail is great for communicating and getting info quickly. Guess we gotta face it, we will deal with computers or just go live in the woods and know nothing of anything that happens in the world...(but, would that be all that bad???)BCB

GSM
06-09-2007, 01:50 AM
Gentlemen:

Go to Webster's and look up the word Luddite.

I think it will be back in style soon. I might even consider starting a local chapter.

ktw
06-09-2007, 02:06 AM
I had to get a new laptop for work and since no one else in the office wanted to learn Vista I got this turkey.

There's no law that says you have to run Vista on it. Install an older copy of Win2k or WinXP instead.

Bad Ass Wallace
06-09-2007, 04:11 AM
A woman was helping her husband set up his computer and at the appropriate
point in the process, she told him that he would now need to enter a
password - something he could remember easily and will use each time he has
to log on.

The husband was in a rather amorous mood and figured he would try for the
shock effect to bring this to his wife's attention.

So, when the computer asked him to enter his password, he made it plainly
obvious to his wife that he was keying in P E N I S.

His wife fell off her chair laughing when the computer replied:
**PASSWORD REJECTED, NOT LONG ENOUGH***:drinks:

KCSO
06-09-2007, 11:55 PM
Hey if Ned Ludd was still here I would join, every time someone comes up with a new timesaving invention it doesn't. I never like looms anyway.

As to XP sooner or later I'm going to have to learn Vista anyway so I might as well get started.

wills
06-11-2007, 02:59 PM
http://badvista.fsf.org/what-s-wrong-with-microsoft-windows-vista

ron brooks
06-11-2007, 03:12 PM
http://badvista.fsf.org/what-s-wrong-with-microsoft-windows-vista

ANd why am I not surprised? :-(

Ron

medic44
06-11-2007, 10:21 PM
The best use I've found for a computer is to provide traction under my bulldozer:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: