PDA

View Full Version : Lead Price Drop ...

Hammerlane
10-29-2012, 04:27 PM
I went to the scrap yard over the weekend to pickup some iso lead cores they have been saving for me. And what do you know the price had come down. Starting talking to the owner and he said the price should continue to come down over the next 6 to 8 weeks due to China cutting back. He said he was having a hard time moving some of his other metals because of the price drops. Good time to stock up. 0.40 per lb clean lead. :violin:

S&W-629
10-29-2012, 05:18 PM
thats a good thing.The places around here will not sell any to me but thay might now if thay cant get rid of it

John Wayne
10-29-2012, 05:43 PM
Yipeee!!!!!!!!!!!

pastor
10-30-2012, 11:29 AM
price drop sounds great!! better get it while you can, none of the scrap yards i my area will sell to the public, so im out of luck, whatever i do get is wheel weights from a friend (not sure how long that is going to last) and what i buy from this web site

there was one scrap yard that i could get lead from but about 6 months ago they too stopped selling to people

wlsample
10-30-2012, 11:54 AM
The price of lead went UP at my scrap dealer yesterday.
Buy wheel weights from $0.15 to $0.16.
Buy scrap lead from $0.30 to $0.50.

Sell wheel weights from $0.30 to $0.32.
Sell scrap lead from $0.60 to $1.

They have not had any wheel weights since July.

Wayne

Roger Ronas
10-30-2012, 12:11 PM
Our local scrrap dealer wants 1.00 lb for any lead.

abqcaster
10-30-2012, 01:58 PM
Roger, you can get it from the vendors on this site for that price and it's already smelted and cleaned.

tbj555
10-31-2012, 08:25 AM
I live in Illinois and the scap yards will not sell any lead to customers , But we have a large smelting company that i can buy pure lead for $1.15 per pound and since shops can't use lead ww anymore I just buy pure lead now .

I'll Make Mine
10-31-2012, 09:14 PM
I found today that the scrap yard where my boss takes steel and stainless offcuts, copper-wound motor parts, power cords, and aluminum from our shop, despite a sign saying they won't accept any scrap lead or batteries, sells scrap lead for ninety cents a pound. I need to call them and find out what form the scrap is, but if that's clean scrap it's a bargain. If it's wheel weights from their auto wrecking, not so much...

L1A1Rocker
10-31-2012, 09:37 PM
price drop sounds great!! better get it while you can, none of the scrap yards i my area will sell to the public, so im out of luck, whatever i do get is wheel weights from a friend (not sure how long that is going to last) and what i buy from this web site

there was one scrap yard that i could get lead from but about 6 months ago they too stopped selling to people

Have a few business cards made up and "POOF", your a business.

evan price
11-01-2012, 12:54 AM
My price went UP not down, despite clearly a trend back towards the lower prices of the beginning of the summer. Wasn't a large increase, just 3 cents per pound, but it adds up. I had 600# of alloy sitting already sorted out Saturday when they said I had to wait for the big boss to come in this week to 'review' the situation and they weren't selling any material until after the review, which they do the end of every month. So it cost me an extra $20 for my pallet.