PDA

View Full Version : MOre HOles FrOm HOllywOOd

LUBEDUDE
10-29-2012, 02:24 PM
This is a continuation of an early thread that was basically hijacked.

To Sum up:

Pressman has some Hollywood presses that some large turret holes sized 1 1/4 X18 threads per inch.

Hollywood catalogs show that as of Jan 1956 they went to 1 1/2 x 12. Also their shotguns dies refect as much. A handful of members confirmed that their presses had the larger holes as well.

Pressman stated that at somepoint in time there is no telling with Hollywood and that they may do some custom orders.

Well I believe Pressman is correct again, I have a weird duck on my hands.

This Senior Turret has 3 large holes that are UNthreaded! and 1 3/16 in diameter.
There are set screws to hold the shotgun dies in place (20ga). Not the standard Hollywood shotshell dies. However, you can see the die wih the spring housing on it has the Hollywood krinkle finish. This makes me wonder if it was just painted by Hollywood or if it was indeed Hollywood.

Also some really cool engineering. The primer seater. It is bolted where the shell holder goes and then protudes over to align with the hole on the left.
The seater is missing the primer cup and spring.

So Basically, for my use, I have to take this to a machine shop and have it drilled and tapped to 1 1/2 x12.

Olevern
10-29-2012, 02:53 PM
What a cool piece of reloading history!

quasi
10-30-2012, 12:41 AM
now that is interesting.