PDA

View Full Version : Where Did I Get These NAA Mag Grips?

Smithy
10-29-2012, 09:42 AM
In CA our NAA choices are very limited. Either LR or Magnum with a 1 1/8" barrel are the only two guns on CA's list. Others are OK since they are exempt: Those include any black powder arm and anything with a 4" or longer barrel (as long as it's single action ie. the Earl). Well everyone knows the oversized Black Widow grips and the ones they sell without the Black Widow Medallion. I happened to purchase a solid pair of faux ivory grips with the same exact outside dimensions on Ebay I think? Those are permanently attached to my black powder Earl (don't ask).

Now I have a legal magnum revolver and I put on a holster grip anticipating using it for my third carry gun for my permit application. I took it out to see how it shot and my son nor I could hit the broad side of a barn with it at 15 yards (part of the qualification requirements). I found out later that there was just enough slop in the holster grip to allow the gun to recoil within the grips and spray lead well above your aiming point. I proved this by aiming at the target's feet and sure enough I got a hit in the target's left shoulder. Too much compensating for me if you don't mind. So I thought to get another oversized faux ivory grip for the gun and I can not find them anywhere at all? Rubber would work for shooting purposes, but it tends to hang onto the pocket and creates a very slow, cumbersome draw. Has anyone seen or heard of the grips I'm talking about? If so, post a contact point so I could get some. I actually CAN hit things with a NAA magnum pistol, but not if the gun/holster grip is working against me. Smithy.

bigboredad
10-30-2012, 01:11 PM
this may be a dumb question but have you checked with the guyys that actually make the gun? I know they have a lot of a grips choices

Smithy
10-30-2012, 06:53 PM
this may be a dumb question but have you checked with the guyys that actually make the gun? I know they have a lot of a grips choices

First place originally, but remember I said that the good grips came from Ebay not NAA. NAA only have rubber in the overmolded shape. Well that or wood. The hard synthetics that I'm talking about, NAA only has small, frame shaped models. Still Looking. Smithy.