PDA

View Full Version : YAY! for Tom at accuratemolds

bigboredad
10-28-2012, 06:35 PM
Accurate was mentioned in Shooting Times this month. They did say any thing other than accuratemolds but it is a good start. Congratulations TO Tom

rockrat
10-28-2012, 06:37 PM
Tom does make great moulds. Nice to see him get a little more exposure, I think

tomme boy
10-28-2012, 07:51 PM
He makes very good molds. Hopefully he does not get tied up like some of the others. I do not like having to wait 9 months to a year for a mold. I like being able to design and buy the mold and it is at my house less 3 weeks later. Sometimes way faster than that.

John Boy
10-28-2012, 08:06 PM
I like being able to design and buy the mold and it is at my house less 3 weeks later. Sometimes way faster than that.How about a custom stop ring bullet mold diagram to Tom - in 2 days a standard catalog mold - ordered and at my door in 6 days from Utah to New Jersey!

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd220/Meadowmucker/Martini%20Schuetzen%20Rifle/IMGP1499.jpg

Ben
10-31-2012, 11:25 AM
He has my vote :

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v494/haysb/004-36.jpg

9.3X62AL
10-31-2012, 12:15 PM
He does great work, and I enjoy using his tools very much.

white eagle
10-31-2012, 05:33 PM
Tom Who????

MT Chambers
11-01-2012, 02:13 AM
Where ya bin???

bonza
11-01-2012, 08:56 AM
I have 4-5 of Tom's molds, plus have headed up a couple of group buys for his molds. The quality of his molds is hard to beat, prices are very competitive, & his service is remarkable!!

Hardcast416taylor
11-01-2012, 01:14 PM
Ordered a #42-330C mold from Tom awhile back for use in my .416 rifles. I altered the dia. from what Tom had listed, no problem he said. I paid by M.O., again no problem he said. Got the mold in about 10 days and started casting the same week. The 2 bullet aluminum mold works great. The bullets fall out with no hang ups. Tom and Accurate molds are 2 things you should remember when thinking about getting a new mold.Robert

white eagle
11-01-2012, 05:00 PM
Where ya bin???
being a wee bit of a s/a :kidding:
I have had and have so many of Tom's molds well like someone here said I probably put his kid through school
:lovebooli
accurate is the correct name that is for sure
I have killed one deer so far with one of Toms beauts a 35 cal/240 gr one of my heirloom molds
Have them all over the board from 30 to 54 cal and including a 12 slug mold (one of the first if not the first)
btw his 54 cal r.e.a.l bp mold is amazing in my rifle

MikeS
11-03-2012, 11:54 AM
I have 4-5 of Tom's molds, plus have headed up a couple of group buys for his molds. The quality of his molds is hard to beat, prices are very competitive, & his service is remarkable!!

I was unaware of Accurate Molds doing any group buys. Are you thinking of the same Tom?

geargnasher
11-03-2012, 11:59 AM
Let's hope he doesn't get into that GB fiasco. Look what's happened to MP in the past year, same thing that happened to Lee and NOE. At least there are still a few companies doing one-off customs.

Gear

btroj
11-03-2012, 12:36 PM
Yep, group buys have become a mess. Some people seem to think tha having a huge quantity of moulds is the answer. Give me a good mould for a firearm and it is all I use.

First NOE got swamped so now things are being piled onto MP. Makes one realize that Lee wasn't the reason for the huge waits. We are our own worst enemy,

I need to get a mould from Tom soon, I just need to decide what I really need.

MikeS
11-03-2012, 12:41 PM
I'm sure neither Miha or Al are complaining! :) I don't know if either of them are making moulds as their primary job, or as a sideline, but I do hope that they're both making enough money making moulds to assure that they stay in the business.

felix
11-03-2012, 01:10 PM
I just need to decide what I really need. ... btroj

Me too! It's hard to decipher between needs and wants when it comes to "hobbies". Guns in general are a waste of long term money and time, but otherwise something else will take them both on, such as visiting 5 star restaurants which are far away and worth every penny spent. ... felix

omgb
11-03-2012, 02:13 PM
The article didn't mention Veral Smith at LBT. He makes exceptionally good moulds with about a two-week turn around time. I have to admit, I've used Accuratemolds more than Veral but I do use them both and I have high praise for both.

TomAM
11-03-2012, 02:17 PM
I've done a couple group buys for bonza, and they were no problem at all. As has often been stated before, a big part of the wait for group buys is the Honcho getting everyone to agree on a design and then collecting the funds.
After the Honcho has that all taken care of, making the molds doesn't take a huge amount of time.
Group buys are a bit different for me, because I don't have to make a custom cherry cutter for each design. So, there's no real need to create a group because there's no need to spread out the cost of the cutter.
My mold prices include a $15 set-up fee to prepare the CNC code and lathe for a given mold block layout. So multiple identical molds ordered at the same time cost $15 less each. Also, my maximum total charge for a single domestic shipment is $15.
So, a little money can be saved by doing a group buy if a Honcho is willing to do the legwork.

Now to the important part...... on what page do they mention me?!?

bigboredad
11-03-2012, 06:16 PM
the article starts on page 74 and you as well as lbt,NEI Hoch and Doughty are mentioned on page 77. Not a huge thing but you are getting out there. I for one appreciate the fact that you don't do group buys and we can get a top notch mold with the delivery time you have. My first mold was a group buy mold it was before I had ever heard of you and after waiting for 8 months I decided my patience and group buys don't match very well

bones37
11-04-2012, 12:14 PM
I received my mold from Tom yesterday, its a 43-250K @ 432". I am very impressed with his work, and I plan on ordering more from him as finances allow. Bones37

Hardcast416taylor
11-04-2012, 01:28 PM
Since I don`t take ST magazine I can`t comment about the said article. If the Doughty mentioned is indeed Richard Doughty then I have a comment. I have 3 of his fine molds, 2 custom designed for paper patched .338 and .416 calibers. The 3rd mold is a brass mold .462" for my Trapdoor that now shoots like it is supposed to with these boolets. Richard was having medical difficulties the last I knew, hope he is feeling better.Robert