PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else carve pumpkins with boolits?

Revolver
10-28-2012, 08:53 AM
As my kids get older they don't want to carve the pumpkins as much. We had about a dozen and they only carved 3, I guess they have better things to do. The kids had a Halloween party last night so I took it upon myself to finish the pumpkins.

I used the 44 mag to finish making jackolanterns. Worked quite well actually, takes under 10 seconds to "carve" each one. A flat point boolit punches a nice size hole and blows out some meat around it, looks pretty neat. I shoved some christmas lights into the exit holes and they glow just as good as any other punkin. Fun too.

The 44 mag worked well. I did wreck a few masterpieces though.

The 500 S&W makes a better hole but cracks the rind too much, after you do eyes, and nose the pumpkin wants to crumble.

My wife was less than impressed but I'm not going to sit around all day carving pumpkins for the kids party if they are too lazy to participate.

JonB_in_Glencoe
10-28-2012, 10:59 AM
I don't see "pumpkin carving" on your "Vids" list :)
Jon

Revolver
10-28-2012, 11:00 AM
I don't see "pumpkin carving" on your "Vids" list :)
Jon

Yeah, I was lazy. ;-)

Wayne Smith
10-28-2012, 12:37 PM
Pumpkins in this house get cooked and made into pies.

Revolver
10-28-2012, 01:34 PM
Pumpkins in this house get cooked and made into pies.

Not to sound wasteful but I've got pumpkins coming out my ears (ouch!), and they aren't our favorite. My father in law down the road is a pumpkin farmer, among many other things. Each year we find ourselves with an excess of pumpkins & squash dropped off in our dooryard. My wife has been canning the squash like crazy though.

WILCO
10-28-2012, 01:43 PM
I once used an M44 to reshape a watermelon............

Revolver
10-28-2012, 01:48 PM
I once used an M44 to reshape a watermelon............

Watermelon smoothie I presume?

WILCO
10-28-2012, 01:57 PM
Watermelon smoothie I presume?

Yep. I think everyone should try it at least once in their lifetime. [smilie=l: