PDA

View Full Version : Jerry Bissell Gun Belts

nicholst55
10-25-2012, 09:01 PM
Ordered late last week, arrived yesterday, but I couldn't get the package until today. I actually mailed my payment on Friday, and I know for a fact that Jerry didn't have it yet when he mailed my belt on Monday. You just don't get that kind of service any more!

And the belt? All I can say is WOW! Made to order, for $55, delivered? In today's world? The best $55 I have ever spent, period.

Jerry Bissell (http://www.jbgunbelts.com/index.html)

If you haven't treated yourself to a real gunbelt yet, you don't know what you're missing! Jerry's quality is simply outstanding, and he is a very humble man, also. I will order again.

km101
10-25-2012, 11:05 PM
Pics of the belt??????

L1A1Rocker
10-26-2012, 12:47 AM
Those look pretty good. I've been looking for a good replacement carry belt for the one I bought in 95. I bought a day ware belt and a dress belt from Dillon back in 95. The dress belt is still fine but the daily belt is a little rough.

The belts are stamped with Dillon's name and logo but they long ago stopped carrying them. They look exactly like an old Erny Hill gun belt I have and I suspect that they really are Erny Hill's with Dillon's name stamped on them. I've called Dillon on this and they of course cannot give me any info on something that long ago discontinued. No slight to Dillon meant, it was a LONG time ago.

Anyhow, these belts look good but there is a serious lack of information on his web site. Exactly what are the deminsions of the belt, how wide and how thick with real measurements - not just "double thick". I've seen lots of "double thick" belts what really were not, and especially not up to supporting a pistol all day long. He only has one picture that demonstrates the color of the belts. I notice two different buckles being used in that picture. One style has the roller on it, the other does not - that roller is very important for the longevity of a very thick belt.

Anyhow, the price is great but I wish there was lots more information. Perhaps the info can be gleened from an email. Thank you for posting.

nicholst55
10-26-2012, 04:26 PM
If you read long and hard enough, Jerry does state that his belts are a nominal 1/4" thick by 1-1/2" wide. That's what mine measures. Jerry did send me an e-mail stating that he just got in some thicker leather for those who want their belt slightly thicker than 1/4". I don't know how much thicker; ask Jerry.

Jerry also said that he is building a better website, which I agree that he badly needs.

The Buckle; Jerry has an option of, I believe, nine different buckles.
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g120/nicholst55/DSC_0016.jpg

Both ends
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g120/nicholst55/DSC_0015.jpg

Posing with Old Slabsides, in my Ray Cory Lobo Gun Leather (http://www.lobogunleather.com/) IWB holster. FWIW, I don't currently own a black holster.
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g120/nicholst55/DSC_0014.jpg

saz
10-26-2012, 11:16 PM
HA! I am wearing mine right now!
The more I wear it the more I love it!
GREAT piece of American Craftsmanship.
THANKS JERRY!

27judge
10-28-2012, 06:17 PM
I received mine about 2 months ago just had a chance to use it carrying my 4 5/8 ruger blackhawk 44 mag in a galco belt holster .Very well made belt and a real prince of a guy to do business with, had my belt in about 8 days from time of phone call tks KEN

Larry in MT
10-30-2012, 11:01 AM
I've got 2 of Jerry's belts. I've worn one or the other every day for 2 months --- carrying a gun or not. I'm spoiled for life.

http://i861.photobucket.com/albums/ab176/larrykay47/a815ddff.jpg

WaywardSon
11-30-2012, 03:58 PM
Based on comments in this thread...and the fact that my Bianchi gun belt was pretty old & tired (like me), I decided to give Jerry a try. I sent my initial email ordering the belt on the 23rd. Well, the belt was in today's mail! Seven days flat is pretty strong...and lets just say that the belt is...sturdy:-) I am extremely well pleased. Jerry is a good communicator and clearly does everything possible to get a quality product out the door quickly. I know for a fact that my check has not cleared & the belt is in my hand.

My only advice might be to fudge a little on the large side when measuring for your belt. Mine is fine and this is not a complaint...just be aware that the belt is so strong & heavy that you will adjust to it...not the other way around:-)

I'll try and get some pics up later tonight.

27judge
11-30-2012, 05:02 PM
i agree with the fudge point mine is a touch to tight using his measure method i would add a inch or two considering belt used with heavy cloths carring holster in different seasons other then that a fine belt from a real nice guy to do buss with tks ken

WaywardSon
12-01-2012, 12:13 AM
Well...didn't have much luck with the pics. I tried to get a few with me wearing the belt...in a mirror with the flash. You know how that came out. At any rate I do have a couple to share:

In this pic, the belt is bearing the full weight of a loaded Ruger Super Blackhawk laying on the table. Hardly even bends the belt...it is a full 1/4" thick. In a note packed with the belt, Jerry said he had some heavier leather if needed:-)

This is just a picture that hopefully will show the workmanship...speaks for itself.

Edit: Regarding my earlier comment about "fudging" a bit on the large side when measuring for your belt. I got to thinking about it, and it is possible that my old belt that I used for a template is just so worn and flexible that I did not get an accurate measurement. I also did not take Jerry's advice to measure with your holstered weapon in place on the belt. What I have is quite workable, but I'll go up an inch on the next one.

Livin' and learnin' with this internet stuff. Should not have resized those pics down so far. Oh well...bottom line is that I am pretty impressed with both Jerry and his product. Highly recommend him....hope the pics are helpful.

saz
12-01-2012, 03:15 AM
I have been wearing mine now for a couple of months and I LOVE the way it is breaking in. I couldn't ask for anything better.

ddixie884
12-01-2012, 05:37 AM
Looks like good stuff..............