PDA

View Full Version : Bruce Drake is trying to kill me.....

JeffinNZ
10-25-2012, 04:16 AM
Maj Drake, last seen rapidly heading for South Korea, was good and caring enough to send my family a care package. In the box for me was the next step in the South Pacific Hot Sauce Comsumption Championships. He has upped the ante on the After Death by the good man Blair.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v505/JeffinNZ/Other%20stuff/Hot.jpg

The troublesome part is the guy on the label crying. This, I feel, bodes poorly for me. Equally as distressing is the "From tongue to tailpipe" comment on the other label.

If the sauce proves too hot I intend to smear it over the tussocks in the high country in vain hope a wallaby will catch a lick under its tail and make for good viewing. [smilie=p:

bruce drake
10-25-2012, 05:52 AM
Jeff,

You ready to wave the white flag yet? ;) I swore I would get my revenge for those Marmite jars you sent me in Afghanistan.

Bruce

Boerrancher
10-25-2012, 07:46 AM
Jeff just make sure you eat plenty of ice cream immediately after the consumption of the sauce. The cooling effect my help with the burning of the tongue, and maybe if you are lucky it will aid at the tail pipe as well.

Best wishes,

Joe

WILCO
10-25-2012, 08:05 AM
Looks like it's good stuff.

RU shooter
10-25-2012, 09:37 AM
Not to fear Jeff , pain is just weakness leaving the body !

Beekeeper
10-25-2012, 10:09 AM
Darn Jeff,
Don't be such a crybaby>
Looks like kinda mild stuff to me, but then I eat a lot of hot sauce.

beekeeper

GREENCOUNTYPETE
10-25-2012, 10:41 AM
We have the one on the left at work , a 1/2 tsp to a tsp is about all it takes to make a 18 quart Nesco roaster full of chili go from mild to moderately hot

so start with a drip then mix and taste you can over do it in a hurry

when i get to making chilli for work i make 2-3 roasters at a time , the hole office is up for a good chili mid winter , that feeds about 50 people , well over half the company

MT Gianni
10-25-2012, 10:51 AM
From a friend who spent time in Thailand, you can track the good stuff as it moves through your intestinal tract.

sundog
10-25-2012, 10:57 AM
Jeff just make sure you eat plenty of ice cream immediately after the consumption of the sauce. The cooling effect my help with the burning of the tongue, and maybe if you are lucky it will aid at the tail pipe as well.

Best wishes,

Joe

Come On, ICE CREAM ! :grin:

oneokie
10-25-2012, 11:13 AM
If the sauce proves too hot I intend to smear it over the tussocks in the high country [smilie=p:

Make certain that you wear adequate PPE when doing the above.

Echo
10-25-2012, 12:16 PM
Wow. You guys make my candied jalapenos sound tame...

x101airborne
10-25-2012, 03:45 PM
He must have gotten the same contract on you I did.
So, where ya gonna be in the next couple hours?

When I was in AIT at Redstone Nuke, My ICS professor was into hot sauces in a big way. He brought stuff in all the time. This one he had come in was called "Black Death". It really was black. He said it was a commercial hotsauce not intended to be eaten by its self and one tip of a toothpick was enough to bring a good man to his knees. I wasn't stupid enough, but another private was. He dipped the tip of a chip in it and ate it trying to be a smart-guy. He spent the rest of the hour in the Head. That musta been some tough stuff.

JeffinNZ
10-25-2012, 05:17 PM
Jeff,

You ready to wave the white flag yet? ;) I swore I would get my revenge for those Marmite jars you sent me in Afghanistan.

Bruce

Yes, well, it's all fun and games 'till someone loses an eye....:D

You didn't actually EAT the Marmite did you? I sent it for use in torturing the Taliban. Must I do EVERYTHING myself? [smilie=b:

bruce drake
10-25-2012, 05:27 PM
Yes, well, it's all fun and games 'till someone loses an eye....:D

You didn't actually EAT the Marmite did you? I sent it for use in torturing the Taliban. Must I do EVERYTHING myself? [smilie=b:

I was full of Vitamin B for that deployment courtesy of that Marmite. Sad thing is that I got a taste for the stuff but I can't easily find it in the States anymore due to your earthquakes. Curse You!:kidding:

Jammer Six
10-25-2012, 05:34 PM
If you can either:

A) get out of the can ("head" to the lessor services) the same day
B) get out of bed the next day
C) state your full name in one breath at the emergency room

it ain't hot.

PS Paul
10-25-2012, 05:38 PM
Besides all the other "benefits", it helps your MEMORY as well. How, you may ask? Well, you "remember" the next day what it is you ate the day before (presumably at the tailpipe)!!! ha-ha!

runfiverun
10-25-2012, 06:07 PM
that habanero garlic one sounds delicious.
me and little girl bought a bunch of ghost peppers at the las vegas swap meet last fall.
the asian guy was having a hard time selling them [apparently] i asked for 2 lbs and he gave me a doubled plastic bag of them [probably 6-7 lbs]
we each took one out of the bag and ate it right there commenting on the flavor and asked him what kind of soil he grew them in.
he just stood there open mouthed looking at us along with the latino's in the next stall, i offered them one and they open handedly declined.
they must have thought wow those blond northeners are crazy.
we were the only ones without a coat on that morning too.

JeffinNZ
10-25-2012, 06:38 PM
Apparently 'blue bonnets' are the chillis to have a crack at.

leftiye
10-25-2012, 07:09 PM
Not to fear Jeff , pain is just weakness leaving the body !

Right,,,,,, And that which doesn't kill you only makes one stronger. Unh huh, ha ha. If it doesn't cripple you that is.

bruce drake
10-25-2012, 07:46 PM
Besides all the other "benefits", it helps your MEMORY as well. How, you may ask? Well, you "remember" the next day what it is you ate the day before (presumably at the tailpipe)!!! ha-ha!

I like that...A memory cure...short term only...

:veryconfu

Bruce

Bob Krack
10-25-2012, 09:59 PM
Jeff,

I think you have made a terrible mistake! What the Major sent you was "epoxy remover"! It can also be used to melt rusty steel when there is no other way to free stuck metal parts.

It can also be used to verify the melting temperature of various metals.

Not everyone that you think is trying to hurt you -

Bob

Blacksmith
10-26-2012, 02:31 AM
A proper selection of flavor enhancing ingredients such as these can readily tell the difference between pure lead, wheel weights, and Zinc. Place a drop on the suspect metal to determine melting point.

JeffinNZ
10-26-2012, 05:07 AM
Well, we broke the seals this evening. The hot sauce has a lovely smokey flavour but it not as hot as the Blair's After Death in my opinion. My wife's opinion is different however. She very bravely tried some and put on quite a show! LOL. The salsa is grand also. Have to get corn chips tomorrow.

bruce drake
10-26-2012, 05:15 AM
Give it some time to percolate through...

bruce drake
10-26-2012, 06:00 AM
I've got hotter Jeff! But I won't be responsible for future trips to the hospital! ;)