PDA

View Full Version : Boy am I glad...

Blammer
10-24-2012, 05:25 PM
I was digging around the other day and found a 50 cal ammo can that was full and unlabeled. So I open it up and lo and behold it's FULL of 9mm Brass. There has to be 5,000 of them in there at least! (my best guess)

The note I left and dated 10/01/2002 said "resized, deprimed, belled, ready to load"

sufferin succotash that was a lot of work I already did!

I remembered I purchased a 10C mould from NOE in 9mm. Hmm, kinda glad I did!

Now to get casting, sizing and loading, and of course shooting. :)

anyone else have a 'bonus' show up once in a while?

EMC45
10-24-2012, 07:27 PM
Yup all the time. I dig through my junk......stuff and realize I have forgotten about a whole lot of stuff I have.

NoZombies
10-24-2012, 08:16 PM
It's bad, but I've had guns "resurface" like that... These days they stay in the safes, but when I was 18 or 19 and didn't own a safe, all of the random guns I bought that needed "just a part or two" tended to end up in boxes or drawers or the closet, and having moved a dozen or so times since then, there's no telling what I'll find when I open a box...

It's like Christmas year 'round! :)

Trey45
10-24-2012, 08:54 PM
Last year I was looking for an empty 50 cal ammo can out in the shop and discovered a full can of Lake City M193 on stripper clips I forgot I had.

I found a paper tube that 750ML bottles of Scotch come in full of "deglocked" 40S&W brass I had processed and put up and forgot about too.

PS Paul
10-24-2012, 10:17 PM
I was going through the closet recently and found $80.00 I stashed in a sportcoat jacket (don't wear 'em much anymore since I don't have to wear a suit/tie at work ay longer) a few years ago, so I promptly logged on to swap n sell and bought me a new-to-me mold!!! Yeeeehahh!!

Blammer
10-25-2012, 09:49 PM
Well it's getting worse over here.

I found TWO more 50 cal ammo cans full of 9mm brass! Neither of these cans were process, just fired brass. And 500 pcs of FACTORY NEW brass. I gotta decide what to do with all this stuff. :)

I also spent some time in the mancave cleaning up, while I let the tumbler degrease some 308's.

I wound up putting a bunch of brass in the 'recycle' bin and trashing a bunch of boxes. Bunches of 38spcl and some other stuff made it to my recycle bucket. I was originally looking for some "self defense" ammo for my 9mm, I thought I had some factory fodder somewhere. I couldn't find any, but that don't mean much. :) Yea, self defense and 9mm, is kinda an oxymoron, but you know it's better than a sharp stick. I guess I better buy some good fodder, oh wait, I could load some. :)

I also stumbled upon my 50cal ammo can FULL of 115gr 9mm loaded ammo. You'd think I had a machinegun. :)

Jack Stanley
10-25-2012, 10:38 PM

I also stumbled upon my 50cal ammo can FULL of 115gr 9mm loaded ammo. You'd think I had a machinegun. :)

Sounds like a vision to me Blammer , so are ya getting a Sten or Lanchester along with your new C&R [smilie=l:

Jack

km101
10-25-2012, 11:03 PM
About 2 weeks ago I was digging through some old amm cans in the garage and found one that had 14 boxes of military match 45 ammo, and one that was about 2/3 full on .357 brass! Dont know how I misplaced those, but I sure was glad to find them!

waksupi
10-25-2012, 11:58 PM

I found TWO more 50 cal ammo cans full of 9mm brass! Neither of these cans were process, just fired brass. And 500 pcs of FACTORY NEW brass. I gotta decide what to do with all this stuff. :)

I also spent some time in the mancave cleaning up, while I let the tumbler degrease some 308's.

I wound up putting a bunch of brass in the 'recycle' bin and trashing a bunch of boxes. Bunches of 38spcl and some other stuff made it to my recycle bucket. I was originally looking for some "self defense" ammo for my 9mm, I thought I had some factory fodder somewhere. I couldn't find any, but that don't mean much. :) Yea, self defense and 9mm, is kinda an oxymoron, but you know it's better than a sharp stick. I guess I better buy some good fodder, oh wait, I could load some. :)

Addict.
:redneck:

Beau Cassidy
10-26-2012, 12:49 PM
I can't say I have found too many surprises- maybe a mold or two that I had forgotten about. I have sworn a few times I had some things I could not find. In particular- I swore I had a large supply of sized and trimmed .30/06 hulls. That has been about 13 years ago and I am still looking for them.

x101airborne
10-26-2012, 12:58 PM
Way back in my storage bench, I found a 40mm can full of en-bloc clips loaded with AP. In the box next to it, I found 1000 trimmed, tumbled, resized and primed commercial 30-06 brass. Needless to say, I have been water dropping all the 190 grainers I can throw.

Blammer
10-26-2012, 02:44 PM
Nice!

wv109323
10-26-2012, 07:36 PM
I have always liked the 45-70 and knew I would own one someday. Well I bought one about 5 years ago a went to look for the reloading dies. I found three complete sets of dies I had bought in anticipation of owning a 45-70.
I have a .222 Remington and thought I needed some brass. I bought some and went to put it up and found a couple hundred rounds of new .222 brass I had already bought.
With men it is guns, with women it is shoes.

2 dogs
10-28-2012, 08:57 PM
Yup. Got to looking for some 357 magnum brass some time back and started opening ammo cans. I discovered I had 5 ammo cans nearly full of various loaded 357 mag ammo..... Still shooting that stuff up!

daniel lawecki
10-28-2012, 09:57 PM
Stash a 6 qt plastic container of 38 spl 3 yrs ago. I also find ammo I loaded years ago. I reload about twice year.