PDA

View Full Version : Rcbs = :-) :-)

Junior1942
10-22-2012, 06:14 PM
Last week I emailed RCBS about where could I get a new hopper for my OLD Uniflow measure. Today, I got a new hopper in the mail--no charge. Now, is that service or what?

captaint
10-24-2012, 01:15 PM
I once called them to say I needed a small (pistol) drum for my Uniflow. The lady says "no problem sir, we'll get one right out" OK, How much ?? Oh, no charge. Blam - no shipping, no nothing. What a company... enjoy Mike

JesterGrin_1
10-24-2012, 01:59 PM
Last week I emailed RCBS about where could I get a new hopper for my OLD Uniflow measure. Today, I got a new hopper in the mail--no charge. Now, is that service or what?

I have to agree as I called about a New Hopper and even explained that it was my fault lol. I left Powder in it overnight and it ate into the plastic hopper lol. They said no problem they would send me one at no charge. They informed me they kept them in stock for this very reason lol. Which makes one wonder how it would be cheaper to keep sending out new ones instead of making a hopper without these problems lol.

But still Fantastic Customer Service to say the least. :)

spuddicus
10-31-2012, 09:22 AM
Yeah +1 for RCBS customer service

beagle
10-31-2012, 12:42 PM
I've been through the hopper drill too as well as for many other small parts.

All I can say is that the RCBS Customer Service Department is so nice that it's almost embarrassing to ask to buy something as you know you'll get shot down and get it free and they almost make you feel bad about asking to pay.

Almost embarasses me to ask anymore.

They're great!!!!!!!!!!!!!/beagle

Hardcast416taylor
11-01-2012, 02:38 AM
Check the diameter of the new measure against the metal lower part of the measure where it will fit in. The newer hoppers in the last 10 years are of a larger diameter and need to be taken down to fit the base. Been there and had to do that.Robert

Junior1942
11-01-2012, 08:22 AM
Check the diameter of the new measure against the metal lower part of the measure where it will fit in. The newer hoppers in the last 10 years are of a larger diameter and need to be taken down to fit the base. Been there and had to do that.Robert

It fit but just barely. I put a board on top of it and whacked the board with a hammer as I read on here somewhere. 'Tworked. However, I still don't like having to dump the powder at the end of every reloading session. Pondering something to line the hopper with........

40Super
11-03-2012, 09:10 AM
I sprayed the bottoms of my hoppers with a graphite spray paint. It is sold in some agricultural stores(for gravity boxes and grain bins) or someplaces online(I got 6 cans that were for lawnmower decks). I didn't paint the plastic other than some overspray so I could see the powder level.
It is great for snowplows and buckets also because it's unbelievably slippery. :mrgreen: