PDA

View Full Version : New Toy, Er, UMMM, Tool

krag35
10-21-2012, 09:08 AM
I have wanted one for years, and finally got the cash together to buy one. Except for Grouse, and Morels, there won't be any "Hunting" off of it, but it should make retrieval a lot easier.

700 Polaris Sportsman
3000# winch

It's scarey fast :-)

Nocturnal Stumblebutt
10-21-2012, 09:17 AM
Very nice, I'm truly jealous.

Uncle Jimbo
10-21-2012, 10:32 AM
I have wanted one for years, and finally got the cash together to buy one. Except for Grouse, and Morels, there won't be any "Hunting" off of it, but it should make retrieval a lot easier.

700 Polaris Sportsman
3000# winch

It's scarey fast :-)

Make sure you wear your helmet.:wink:

WILCO
10-21-2012, 10:43 AM
Make sure you wear your helmet.:wink:

And avoid stuff like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgOK3JvBjbw

Jim Flinchbaugh
10-21-2012, 11:09 AM
I wish I could afford even an old one.
Being partially disabled, it would be a big help during hunting season, especially since on e of our local lumber mills who owns tons of land, will let you ride behind their closed gates where trucks are not allowed

Mal Paso
10-21-2012, 10:23 PM
Much too shiny, guys are going to think you're a novice. I'd be happy to break it in for you. [smilie=l:

Beau Cassidy
10-21-2012, 11:00 PM
That is a good one. I used to have the exact same one. I sold it to a guy in Mississippi and it was stolen 10 days later. Luckily he had just taken out insurance on it. I know some people are questioning that but he was the largest landowner in the county and very well to do. They found the trailer it was on abandoned on the highway a few miles away. I felt like a part of me had been stolen when I found out.

quilbilly
10-21-2012, 11:23 PM
Where do you hunt for those morels if you are willing to part with such secrets? The chantarelles and boletes should be out here by next weekend after the rain a couple days ago.

krag35
10-22-2012, 08:47 AM
North or East slopes. I like to hunt the transition line between Red Fir and meadow or clear cut. They need some Sun, but it needs to be filtered.

We put 40 miles on it yesterday on old forest roads. It rides like a Cadillac compared to the Honda Ranchers I have ridden, not that they aren't good machines. No Grouse, just a couple of wood cutters, we were having more fun than they :-)