PDA

View Full Version : Sig P938. Anyone else here got one yet?

Ole
10-20-2012, 09:41 PM
I got mine about 10 days ago. Extreme model, bought from Gunbroker:

http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh280/Ole1830/IMG_5659.jpg

I paid $625. More than I wanted, but they were a good bit more expensive when they first came out so I'm happy about that.

The gun disappears in a pocket, much like my Colt Mustang .380. I'm less than thrilled about the prospects of having to defend myself with a .380, which is what led me to this gun. Pocket carry seems like the best option for me. I haven't found an IWB setup that is comfortable enough for me to carry my bigger guns.

http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh280/Ole1830/IMG_5661.jpg

I took it to the range last Monday. It shot well off the bench. I haven't gotten used to the heavy trigger yet, so I did very little off-hand shooting. I've read in a few places that the trigger gets better/lighter as you put a few rounds through it. It seems like it's better than it was with 120ish rounds through it. The trigger is still pretty heavy though.

No failures with factory ammo. I ran most of two boxes through it to try to loosen things up a little. The pistol does seem to have a very tight chamber and won't accept some of the blasting rounds that my Smith 59 and 6906 both eat like candy.

I slugged the bore today and it miked at .3562". The next rounds I made to try were some 124 grain RCBS CN bullets that measured just over .357". I also made up a few 100 grain plinkers with Ranch dog 358 100 grain TL's, sized to .357".

Hoping I can get this gun dialed in. So far, I really want to like it. :drinks:

EdS
10-21-2012, 10:21 AM
I too am interested in owners' experience with the SIG P938. I recently purchased a SIG factory "reconditioned" (or Certified Pre-Owned) P226. The one I got has the pre-rail, German made frame with the later machined stainless steel slide, black polymer coated of course. The most probably brand new barrel it came with slugs 0.3565" so I'll first try 0.357" boolits.