PDA

View Full Version : RWS #5304 large pistol primers

garym1a2
10-20-2012, 07:50 PM
Does anyone know anything about this type of primer.
It is labeled Anvil primers cal.210.
Made by RWS in Germany, says genuine SINOXID priming composition.

They are a boxer type primer, and probally over 20 years old. They look very well made except the base of the cup seems more rounder than normal.

I got over 6500 of them so I hope they are good.

oneokie
10-20-2012, 08:03 PM
You would probably need to find or have made a primer seating punch with a concave face to fit the primers.

km101
10-21-2012, 08:28 AM
I shot a lot of them back in the '80 s. They are a good primer and should perform well if they have been stored in good conditions. I loaded all of them (both large and small primers) using my Lee hand primer tool with no problems. But I dont remember them being especially rounded, so yours may be a much later/different production run. So proceed with caution! But I think you will find that they work well.
As someone elso on this forum says "The above is not Holy Writ, just my experience."

garym1a2
10-21-2012, 12:55 PM
Thanks guys for the input. I brought them and a lot of reloading stuff from an estate. My guess is they have a few years on them. But the packaging and the primers where stored well in an AC room.They look like new. I also have the loading stuff with the rounded primer arm. I just have to run them single stage.

I was just wondering if they are good for 45 acp in 1911 and Glock21. I think the old owner used them for 44mag and 45 colt as thats the guns and dies he had for sell.

foxtrotter
10-22-2012, 12:31 AM
I have been shooting RWS large rifle primers that I bought in the mid "60s. I bought lot of them! They're reputed to be quite mild compared to most other brands. I use a standard seating punch. I've used them for 4759, HiVel2, 4895, BL-C2, 4350, 4831, H870. They go bang every time.

DRNurse1
10-22-2012, 01:14 AM
Any thought about these older primers and striker mechanisms.
I do not have such a gun but Sprngfield XDm's and Glocks are suppose to be striker fired and have had issues with military and older primers. Just sayin'