PDA

View Full Version : Pacific Pistol Powder Measure

Wayne Smith
10-20-2012, 07:38 PM
Picked up the above measure off eBay the other day. The slide the bushings go in was broken at the hole, JBWeld is apparently fixing that. No bushings. I'm assuming they are 1/2" pieces drilled out to various sizes? Brass or aluminium? I can make them out of tropical hardwood or perhaps get some 1/2" round brass rod locally.

Anyway, I plan to make my own bushings. Froggie, I'm thinking I might be able to make a bushing that would throw 1.2gr BE! Or any other load, for that matter.

Anyone with experience with this measure and have some advise?

It was sent in the original box, btw.

LUBEDUDE
10-20-2012, 07:55 PM
Great attitude. Good luck with your fix.

3006guns
10-21-2012, 10:26 AM
Not sure which model of Pacific you have, but my little pistol measure uses a really oddball size of brass stock for the rotors......so you might want to throw a pair of calipers on yours before investing heavily in brass bar stock!:idea:

Edit: Whoops..........you plainly said bushings for a slide. I was thinking about the old Pacific pistol measure with rotors. Aw, heck......measure 'em anyway!

Wayne Smith
10-21-2012, 12:49 PM
I have a Bair with the rotors. I'm hoping I can make this one more flexible.

mdi
10-22-2012, 12:24 PM
I have that same model but labeled Hornady. It uses 1/2" brass bushings and I bought some online.
http://www.hornady.com/store/Powder-Charge-Bushings/ this is the Hornady site but I think I may have purchased them from Midway, or Midsouth, can't memmer right now. I bought extra ones and reamed the ID for "custom" charges. I thought about making my own bushings from 1/2" alum stock but never got around to it, but I think a good hardwood would work too...

1bluehorse
10-22-2012, 01:39 PM
I have that one also. It's a good little measure, and you can still buy the bushings. Last I saw they were about 5 bucks each. Mine are brass but aluminum should work fine. I don't use mine anymore, it's packed away.

Wayne Smith
10-22-2012, 04:27 PM
With the slide broken I have found that 1/2" bushings don't fit. I have PM'ed Rick (Buckshot) to see if he is interested in a project. With that little metal left around the hole I really think the slide ought to be steel.