PDA

View Full Version : You people!

Freightman
10-20-2012, 11:42 AM
I was perfectly happy with smokeless in my 45/70's, then I went and read here and now I find myself putting the smokeless loads back and grabbing the BP loads. I even went as far as pulling down a lot of the smokless loads. Thanks a lot!

SharpsShooter
10-20-2012, 11:49 AM
Addictive isn't it?

SS

bigted
10-20-2012, 12:13 PM
welllllll...dont say that nobody didnt warn ya. this here blackpowder is the real deal and a feller just feels rite when messing with it. it is the whole notion i think...making almost all your own stuff to reload....some even make their own blackpowder. if it wernt for those pesky lil primers i think just about everything can be homemade for these addictive boom droppings.

Freightman
10-20-2012, 12:31 PM
TED primers can be recharged but it is way to labor intensive for me. Tried it during the shortage just to see if it would work. I did 10 an hour, so as long as I can get them I think I will not make them. It is good to know how though and I have made BP of good quality. I like to try new things and i guess PP will be next. Hate to depend on comercial business for my safety.
I loaded up some BP in my 44 mag Black Hawk and they were very accurate and not as messy as you might expect. Hope we do not have to scrounge for our livelyhood but the way things ae looking it might be before I depart for eternity.

montana_charlie
10-20-2012, 01:09 PM
Well, it appears you started out thinking of us as 'you people', but you have convinced yourself to join our ranks ... making you and us 'we people'.
Now that you are no longer part of 'those people' you will be the goblin in the stories used to scare their children into obedience.

CM

MikeS
10-21-2012, 03:23 AM
Freightman, that's one of the reasons I want to get a semi-traditional 50 cal flintlock. Semi in that I would want one in stainless steel, with plastic stock. It would primarily be used as my SHTF gun, figuring that if normal supplies were gone, even with a large supply of brass, eventually it would all wear out, but with a flintlock, everything needed to shoot it will always be available, BP can be home made, and flints are just rocks, so they can be found too.

TXGunNut
10-21-2012, 03:09 PM
CB's to BP seemed a natural enough progression to me. My 45-70 and 45 Colt seem happy enough with SP but they really shine when loaded with BP. I've never filled a 45-90 case with SP, likely never will. I still dabble with SP more than many folks on this forum but it comes up way short in entertainment value.

'74 sharps
10-22-2012, 06:50 AM
As Dante stated in his poem the " Divine Comedy" written in 1308, "Abandon hope all ye who enter here". Welcome to the dark side.