PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate lead score...

Idaho Sharpshooter
10-18-2012, 06:39 PM
I found out this summer, that the machine shop that does little things for my Fat Boy has a neighbor in the little industrial mall he moved into and a neighbor.

1. a shop that does the Cerakote stuff for about half of what I was paying. Found out that the guy I thought was doing it was just farming it out to this guy and sticking a small (50%) shipping and handling fee for driving about a mile.

2. down the street half a block is a shop that swages bullet cores for several custom handgun J-bullet makers. I can buy scrap 97/3% lead/antimony alloy for scrap lead price, in hundred pound buckets. All I want, for my use.

and, I survived the surgery last week! I AM a very happy camper, I have a good winter casting schedule lined out.

God is good, very good...

Rich

MT Chambers
10-18-2012, 07:14 PM
Sometimes things just fall into place, for some....Congrats!

dragonrider
10-18-2012, 07:41 PM
HMMMMmmmmmm.............jealousy rears its ugly head.............You lucked out for sure. :drinks:

captaint
10-19-2012, 10:33 PM
Great job !! We just have to look around - talk to people. You never know. I've lucked into lead in some crazy situations... enjoy MIke

SlippShodd
10-20-2012, 02:09 AM
C'mon, Rich, which scrap price -- 20 cents/lb buy price, or $1.25 sell price? :kidding:
(that was Rocky Mountain today when I saw some sheet lead in there, Western only pays 10 cents and won't sell to the public)
Torture us! What are they charging you?
:)

mike