PDA

View Full Version : Looking for opinions on RCBS Swager

connecticut-yankee
10-18-2012, 11:18 AM
Trying to get some knowledge of the RCBS swager and your experience with them. Are they a viable choice or should I go with the Dillon?

Thanx
Yankee

dragonrider
10-18-2012, 11:52 AM
Do you mean RCBS primer pocket swager???? If so I have one and it's OK, but I use my Dillon most often. It seems faster.

connecticut-yankee
10-18-2012, 12:43 PM
The one I'm looking at is bench mounted. Sells for about $80.

GRUMPA
10-18-2012, 12:47 PM
Go with the Dillon, I had a RCBS and to put it bluntly was BS, always bending the rods. With the Dillon that sucker's built like a tank and very easy to use, I've had mine less than a year and have done at least twice as many with it than the RCBS one I used to use, and I've had that for over 12yrs.

I wish I went with the Dillon along time ago.

Dan Cash
10-18-2012, 01:32 PM
Dillon, simple, fast and extremly durable.

parrott1969
10-18-2012, 03:03 PM
The OP is not talking about the RCBS combo swager. RCBS bench swager works very well. I purchased one to try out a few weeks ago and have no complaints. I am using it exclusively for 7.62 brass.

dragonrider
10-18-2012, 05:39 PM
Oh yes the new one that was recently made available. I know which one you mean now, I guess it is similar to the dillon but that the handle swings in a different direction. Better or worse I cannot say.

GRUMPA
10-18-2012, 11:16 PM
The OP is not talking about the RCBS combo swager. RCBS bench swager works very well. I purchased one to try out a few weeks ago and have no complaints. I am using it exclusively for 7.62 brass.

GEE Thanks, now why do I feel like the south end of a north bound horse?:shock:

Daddyfixit
10-19-2012, 01:46 AM
I bought the RCBS one a few months ago. I got it because with it being on sale and had a factory rebate it was much cheeper then the blue one. I've run about 1,200 cases with it and I am quite happy with it.

DaveInFloweryBranchGA
10-22-2012, 11:13 AM
I've handled and used the RCBS and had used the Dillon as well when I was considering which one to buy. At the time, the Dillons were available used quite often (and still are) over on the AR15.com forum swap & sale while no used RCBS units were available, still too new. So after trying both that friend's had, I preferred the operation of the Dillon (if you set it up right, it's a good bit faster than the RCBS unit by design), but didn't like the high price. So I bought a used one for less than the RCBS unit new over at the forum I mentioned above. It came with some extras that don't come with the standard package from Dillon and it needed to be cleaned and oiled.

So I cleaned it, oiled it and have been using it ever since. I think buying the Dillon used is the way to go.