PDA

View Full Version : 10/22 magazine

rodsvet
10-17-2012, 10:41 PM
Has anyone used the new Ruger 25 round mags? I was going to order a few but thought I would ask first. I've tried every other high cap mag known to man and they are all junk. If they are reliable and have metal feed lips I'm interested. If not I'll save the bucks. Thanks, Rod

uscra112
10-17-2012, 11:20 PM
Dunno about the Ruger, but +1 on all the other high-caps. Like my fishing buddy says about fancy lures - they're designed to catch fishermen, not fish! I've bagged all mine and stuffed 'em in the attic for some archaeologist to discover.

Artful
10-17-2012, 11:40 PM
I like Tactical Innovations composite
http://www.tacticalinc.com/ti25trade-advanced-composite-adjustable-steel-lip-magazine-for-rugerreg-1022reg-p-532.html

or these all aluminum ones
http://www.tacticalinc.com/ti25-machined-aluminum-steel-lipbrmagazine-ruger-1022-p-212.html

the part that may interest you

3. PRECISION ADJUSTABLE TO EXACTLY FIT YOUR GUN

Have you ever wondered (and cursed) about the amount of wiggle in all other 10/22 high capacity mags? A magazine should not wiggle that much in your gun, but it has to to fit... WELL NOT ANY MORE! It has been our experience that Ruger 10/22 rifles have some minor variations from one to the next which explains why one brand mag will run well in one gun and the same mag then not run in a different gun. What separates this mag from all others is the patent pending ability to micro adjust it for an exact fit in your gun for (1)FEED ANGLE, (2) FEED HEIGHT and (3) EJECTOR TO BOLT DISTANCE using the supplied 3/32" allen wrench. Four cap screws on the top of the mag that mate with your 10/22 receiver allow the mag to quickly be precision adjusted for an exact fit in your gun by minimally increasing or decreasing the individual heights of each of the cap screws (like leveling an appliance), resulting in a magazine that has minimal to no wiggle in your gun AND THAT WORKS!. The ability to quickly one time precision adjust it to your gun means that you can count on reliable feeding every time.

crabo
10-18-2012, 12:26 AM
I used them a lot. They have worked well in about 6 different rifles.

Jack Stanley
10-18-2012, 09:29 AM
I bought several when Midway had them on sale and for the most part they work just fine . I think I had two of the lot that didn't want to be reliable if you loaded more than twenty rounds into it . They were reliable with twenty , more would make them jam . The fix was easy , I took the magazine apart following the instructions cleaned them and gave them a little squirt of Hornady "one-shot" and put them back together .

Now they are one hundred percent reliable with any good ammo I've tried .

Jack

NoZombies
10-18-2012, 10:18 AM
With occasional cleaning my BX25's have been 100% reliable. I clean them every few thousand rounds, and have yet to have a magazine related stoppage with them.

Shooting one fast:
Mag testing: BX-25 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTvYzxPtbLc&feature=plcp)

rodsvet
10-19-2012, 01:53 PM
Thanks for the input guys. I think I will buy two and give them a try. If they don't work for me I will give them to my brother in law. I gave him all my other 25 and 50 rounders and it's fun to watch him spend hours trying to get them to work at the range. That way all the targets we set up I get to shoot while he farts around cussing and swearing. Rod

Shooter
10-19-2012, 03:00 PM
Ruger now makes 25 round mags. I have one, they work.

Griz44mag
10-19-2012, 11:22 PM
I bought 4 of them when they first came out.
All 4 work perfectly.