PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else have the Lyman 1200 Auto-flo tumbler?

Alan in Vermont
10-17-2012, 08:24 PM
I just bought a new Lyman 1200 auto-flo tumbler and to put it mildly I am seriously underwhelmed with it.

This is the one that is supposed to make it quick and easy to seperate cases from media. Maybe I misunderstood and it is only for draining media from the bowl. Either way it is a disappointment. Media takes forever to drain and as the media drains out the vibration stands the cases mouth-up in the bowl. I still have to dump the cases into a sifter to get the media out of them. It's not wise to leave the thing unattended when draining it either as the media barely makes it to the edge of the pan, where it piles up until it runs over the side.

For the extra it costs for the Auto-Flo feature it certainly isn't worth it.

Anybody out there who is getting good vibes (no pun) with this unit?

DCM
10-17-2012, 08:40 PM
I had one ~20 years ago.
I had the same issues plus I thought it was overly noisy.
I got rid of it in short order.
Do you have the receipt? Can you take it back?
There are just so many other choices that work better with less noise.

baker1425
10-19-2012, 08:43 AM
I have had good luck with the larger version, the 2200? Mine stands up in a cat litter box, I turn it on and pull the plug and it gets 85% of the media out in about 10 minutes.

Rigmover
10-25-2012, 02:18 PM
Hi i have the one you have Turbo 1200 Lyman and yes they can be pain i find if you pick it up while running put on an angle over the pan it will get most of the media out . For the price i paid for it im happy with mine. Sonic cleaners are the way to go though..