PDA

View Full Version : Dillon's Customer Service is #1!

No_1
10-16-2012, 05:53 PM
I traded some stuff to a fellow member for 2 Square Deal B's, one in 38/357 and the other in 44 spec/44 mag. They both came in boxes that were stamped "REBUILD". I was in the process of sizing and de-priming about 6K of 38 special when I heard loud "crack" which turned out to be the boss on the frame that carries the bushing for the toggle link. I called customer service and within a few minutes I had a RMA to send it back. I packed it in the original box, took it to the UPS store and $19 later it was on it's way. It took 6 days for it to get there and today it arrived back 11 days after I shipped. To my surprise it was in a new box and when I opened it I found a new press (every part) with the exception of my old toggles installed. I was dumbfounded at first until my wife pointed out the obvious: It could not be a rebuilt unit if all the parts were new.

Thanks Dillon for years of great product service! :drinks:

Huntducks
10-16-2012, 07:02 PM
You must be mistaken Dillon does not do that:kidding:

Only lee.....:-P

azrednek
10-16-2012, 08:01 PM
Personally I've had two problems with Dillon. The bad service was more a reflection on bad employees and not the company as a whole but Dillon wont ever see any of my money.

The first problem goes back to more than 10 years ago. At the time I was employed by the US Postal Service and arrived in uniform in their showroom. After making a purchase of over $200 in components two uniformed cops in jest made a remark. He said something like "bet you had to open a lot of mail to get all that cash". I shot back in jest "I'm not like you guys I can't take bribes". One cop said to the other "oh you take bribes instead of fixing tickets". The Dillon female employee over hearing our joking around. Called and reported both cops from different municipalities to Internal Affairs who in turn reported me to the Postal Inspectors.

I got a little **** chewing, a threat of a written reprimand but it never happened. Seemed the Inspectors were more concerned about the 8lb keg of Bullseye I bought. The Postal Inspector told me the cops were in big trouble but I wasn't privy to the details. I can admit to being wrong with the jokes but why would somebody go as far as ratting out the cops. It was obvious we were not serious. I wrote Mr Dillon a letter, complained more about what happened to the cops but he apparently didn't want to take the time to answer my letter.

I decided Dillon was not worthy of my business but during the height of the shortages I called Dillon as I was desperately wanting some 45 Auto Rim brass. I called Dillon's 800 number and was told, "our computer shows two boxes of 50". I told the sales person their showroom is a 45-60 minute drive each way for me and asked if there was anyway they could hold them for me. He politely responded telling me he would transfer my call to the showroom and advised me to ask them to physically check to be sure the brass was still on the shelf.

The showroom employee copped an attitude asking me, why did they transfer my call. He remarked "they are closer than me, why make me walk all the way back there". I asked him to transfer my call back and he responded with a rude and loud "ohhh OK". After I waited on the phone for several minutes for somebody to pick it up, I hung up. I will never spend my money with Dillon as long as there is an alternative.

r1kk1
10-17-2012, 09:35 AM
You must be mistaken Dillon does not do that:kidding:

Only lee.....:-P

Lol be nice

R1kk1

LUBEDUDE
10-17-2012, 11:03 AM
Redneck, I don't blame you at all. And I bleed blue.

dnmccoy
10-17-2012, 12:23 PM
Love my Dillon. I had an issue with the primer feed that Mike from Dillon's CS was able to help me with and got me back on the road!

azrednek
10-17-2012, 05:10 PM
Warning!! You must suck-up and agree with OP or he will use his authority as a moderator to censor your post.

Your post in my thread.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My thread was intended to show the good service I recieved so I removed your post from my thread. If you wish to start another thread stating your dissatisfaction with Dillon Precision then have at it.

Robert

No_1
10-17-2012, 07:21 PM
Obviously you are having a bad day. My PM was pretty self explanatory. This thread is about MY good experience, not your bad experience. There are at least 50 threads speaking to the goodness of Dillon's no BS warranty and about a dozen or so speaking to bad experience. Why did you pick this one instead of starting your own?

Robert

"Re: Your post in my thread.
You'd make a good Democrat with your censorship and control of opposing opinions."

Quote:
Originally Posted by no_1
My thread was intended to show the good service I recieved so I removed your post from my thread. If you wish to start another thread stating your dissatisfaction with Dillon Precision then have at it.

Robert

azrednek
10-17-2012, 09:44 PM
Why did you pick this one instead of starting your own?

Simply because, like many members do, I start by clicking on "today". When I saw posts sharing their experience with Dillon. I thought I'd take the opportunity to share mine.

I'm glad you decided to place my post back in the thread after removing it. Judging by the PM and email messages I received from other members. They thought it was unfair my post being censored and removed as well.

In the future I certainly hope if you decide to challenge the content of my messages. You do so in a more gentlemanly manner. You are more than welcome to challenge or disagree with anything I say.

Alvarez Kelly
10-17-2012, 10:20 PM
azredneck, I might feel the same way about Dillon if it had been me, but I have had just the opposite experiences.

I have done a lot of business with them over the years. I even stopped by the Dillon store in Arizona... and I live in Illinois! I was treated like a valued customer. I got a tour of the place, visited with a few of the repair technicians, and bought some stuff I wanted. As a direct result of my face to face, they upgraded 3 of my OLD powder measures to current specs for the cost of shipping them. Pretty good deal to me...

As with any business where PEOPLE work with the public, some employees are going to have an off day, or simply get burned out. I guess I am very lucky to have never found one of those at Dillon. Yet.

To the OP, I say enjoy! Dillon is a great company that really stands behind their products. But I think I'm preaching to the choir. :-)

No_1
10-18-2012, 11:01 AM
The removal of your post was not an attempt to censor you. It was removed because it (at least the first example) was not even remotely relevant in any way, shape or form to customer service provided by Dillon Precision for their products. I put it back because the second example does have some merit and you do have a right to express your opinion of the events you have described. What I don't understand is why you hold Dillon Precision accountable for the clerks action/reaction to what she perceived and you admitted as wrong. Since you posted those events and agreed that it is my right to disagree then I offer the following:

No matter what happened or who reported it appears based on the outcome of investigations by the USPS Inspector (you received an oral reprimand) and 2 separate Law Enforcement Agencies ("the cops were in big trouble") you and the 2 LEO's did something wrong. What I don't understand is why you hold Dillon Precision accountable because their employee turn in a couple of cops who did something wrong, why does that make the employee a "rat" and how does that relate to the original post?

dauntlessdave
10-18-2012, 11:24 AM
azredneck, I might feel the same way about Dillon if it had been me, but I have had just the opposite experiences.

I have done a lot of business with them over the years. I even stopped by the Dillon store in Arizona... and I live in Illinois! I was treated like a valued customer. I got a tour of the place, visited with a few of the repair technicians, and bought some stuff I wanted. As a direct result of my face to face, they upgraded 3 of my OLD powder measures to current specs for the cost of shipping them. Pretty good deal to me...

As with any business where PEOPLE work with the public, some employees are going to have an off day, or simply get burned out. I guess I am very lucky to have never found one of those at Dillon. Yet.

To the OP, I say enjoy! Dillon is a great company that really stands behind their products. But I think I'm preaching to the choir. :-)

Would agree wholeheartedly. Same experiences other than having visited their facility..... yet.

azrednek
10-18-2012, 04:50 PM
the removal of your post was not an attempt to censor you. It was removed because it (at least the first example) was not even remotely relevant in any way, shape or form to customer service provided by dillon precision for their products. I put it back because the second example does have some merit and you do have a right to express your opinion of the events you have described. What i don't understand is why you hold dillon precision accountable for the clerks action/reaction to what she perceived and you admitted as wrong. Since you posted those events and agreed that it is my right to disagree then i offer the following:

No matter what happened or who reported it appears based on the outcome of investigations by the usps inspector (you received an oral reprimand) and 2 separate law enforcement agencies ("the cops were in big trouble") you and the 2 leo's did something wrong. What i don't understand is why you hold dillon precision accountable because their employee turn in a couple of cops who did something wrong, why does that make the employee a "rat" and how does that relate to the original post?

enough already!! If i wanted to argue i'd go to a political newsgroup. If it would make you feel better remove my posts. I'm done discussing it.

Idaho Sharpshooter
10-18-2012, 06:30 PM
reminds me of an old saying my Grandfather told me" "there are people would would kick if you hung them with a brand new rope..."

No_1
10-18-2012, 07:15 PM
I must disagree with your final post on this thread.

You did want to argue. That was obvious the moment you: A) Pitched a fit about me deleting your post, B) Posted my PM in the thread saying I was "censoring you" and C) Changed your signature line to indicated you have been censored by me.

I am glad you are finally done with this. I will leave your post in the thread for 2 reasons: So your opinions can be visible to all and so I do not get accused of censoring you again.

Good day to you!

PS; On a lighter note, I saw your thread (http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=168486) and it does not appear to be getting the positive response you had hoped for.

enough already!! If i wanted to argue i'd go to a political newsgroup. If it would make you feel better remove my posts. I'm done discussing it.

bosterr
10-31-2012, 02:42 PM
I too had an experience with a Square Deal B as No. 1 did. I bought one used, set up for .44 Mag which I've only had for about a year or less. That same boss as No 1's had broken off as well. Called Dillon and talked to "Mike". He told me to strip it down as much as I could and sent it in Oct 17th. I paid the extra for Priority shipping to get it there quicker. I included the entire priming system because I was getting live primers dropping out the bottom of the machine, about which I had called customer service and just couldn't get it adjusted right. It arrived back on Oct. 26th (western Pa.). They must have received it, and shipped all the same day! I fully expected to get a new frame with all the other old parts re-installed. NO! I got a brand new press. brand new primer system, and a brand new low primer alarm that had a broken plastic case! 3 extra locator buttons as well! I have ordered extra parts for spares a couple times before, and they wouldn't take my credit card number!

Needless to say, BLUE is my favorite color, and DILLON is my favorite reloading machine! I own 2 Square Deals and a 650XL. Dillon's "No BS Warrantee" has made me a happy camper!

FLINTNFIRE
10-31-2012, 10:09 PM
I had an issue with a new press (bought 2002) just set up after all these years , primer feeding issue , went to adjust and jammed the primer punch , switched in my small punch from another in 357 and fixed the tube feed lips where the problem was , I had to wait till last monday to order a punch and some extra parts for the other square deals , did not ask for free, did not feel it was dillons fault , was dealt with courteously and trouble free , and am very satisfied with their customer service , and I obviously like the product line as I own 3 , Will continue to use mine and enjoy .

Barbarosa
10-31-2012, 11:47 PM
I bought my first Square Deal when they were $135.00 delivered!!! I have had a few parts wear and tried to purchase replacements only to have them say "no charge" Dillon is #1 on my list.

hiram1
11-01-2012, 06:41 PM
Dillon is the best you can find for doing the right thing by all who own there tools