PDA

View Full Version : Winchester LRP

hithard
10-15-2012, 09:56 PM
Anyone ever have problems with winchester large rifle primers. Shooting five shot groups I keep getting the odd flier or two, this is with J's.

Let me back up, I started shooting cast to begin with. Groups were in the inch and a half range. Odd ball here and there, taking the group out out to two and a half inches. No big deal, I was happy. So I need to go to j's for a hunt. Loaded and shot a couple different bullets and mr2000 at various weights, mostly near max. I keep getting the odd ball flier, out as much as 3 inches!! but other wise clover leaf groups.

I'm really thinking this is an ignition problem that is being compounded by the step up in powder charge. These loads are compressed to very high 90% capacity.

I'm having a hard time beleiving these primers are that outa wack.

Any other thoughts?

HangFireW8
10-15-2012, 10:00 PM
Any other thoughts?

What is your bullet runout running?

Do you index the eccentric ones in the chamber?

To answer the question, no, no problems with WLP here, even with compressed charges.

HF

44man
10-16-2012, 08:36 AM
I bet it is run out too. Over sizing necks with a tight die and then pulling a tight expander out will bend shoulders.
If you don't have an indicator roll your rounds on a table and watch the bullet.