PDA

View Full Version : LAM 2 questions

Finarfin
10-15-2012, 09:10 AM
Is there an easy way to switch lubes? I switched the other day and just ran all the old through the die and scooped it out.

When I lube a bullet, lube shoots up under the bullets and I have to scoop it out every 2 or 3 bullets or the top lube groove won't get filled. Do I have it set wrong or is there some other fix for this problem?

21Glock
10-15-2012, 05:19 PM
I'm having these and other problems with my new LAMII was well.

pistolshooter
10-16-2012, 01:31 AM
Have you tried to adjust the depth nut on the bottom of the sizer so the bullet goes deeper into the die? If the top groove isn't getting lube, the bullet isn't going deep enough into the die. If the lube pressure is too high, it will cause lube to squeeze between the bullet base and the die rod.
To get the old lube out of the sizer, I remove it from the bench and use the wife's hair dryer to heat the lube enough to get it runny, drained it into a can to be remelted and used later.

Wayne Smith
10-17-2012, 10:22 AM
You are dropping your boolit into the die so that one of the lube holes is just at the base of the bullet. This injects lube into the intersection. A small adjustment to drop the boolit a little more will solve this problem and fill the top lube groove.