PDA

View Full Version : Marlin M-336 XLR .35Rem bench rest rifle 3.0

357Mag
10-14-2012, 11:23 PM
Howdy !

I've tried to attach the trigger test video, here.

Let's see it it worked ?!

Regards,
357Mag

Rory McCanuck
10-15-2012, 01:05 AM
Here's the link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loA56GkRuw4&feature=plcp

That's pretty light!

Jailer
10-15-2012, 08:10 PM
Boy a light trigger is nice but that's a bit too light for my taste.

35remington
10-15-2012, 09:03 PM
If that came from the factory that way, as has been claimed, that wasn't anything but a very big mistake.

How's the cheek weld with the super high scope and low levergun stock? Jaw touching only?

357Mag
10-16-2012, 12:59 PM
35Rem -

Howdy !

Glad you could find the video. Machts Nichts to me, on " how"/"why" my XLR left the CT factory w/ a 1 oz trigger ! That trigger sure does help me shoot small,
as I have grown accustomed to such light trigger for bench rest-type shooting.
The gun is NOT going afield, for hunting or use on live game.

Cheek weld:
Actually, the scope is still a bit too low for me. When shooting w/ headphones on ( as I always do... along w/ ear plugs installed ); the earcup hits the buttstock.
In fact, I have marred muy rifle's butt stock finish in just such a manner. AAcckk !

I intend to $$$ some Weaver " offset risers ", ala' used on AR-15s. The present a short Picatinni segment at some 45* angle off bore centerline. Coupled with use of a tall scope base; I should be able to toss the scope off to the side of the action. I'm not convinced that such a system will adversely affect my ability to shoot the rifle well ( over the bench ).

With regards,
357Mag ( non-gamer )

izzyjoe
10-18-2012, 10:57 PM
man, that's a light trigger, i'd be afraid that it would go off if you bumped the rifle hard. if it left the factory like that, it was a fluke. most marlin's have horrible trigger pulls, all the ones i've seen have.

357Mag
10-19-2012, 12:43 PM
IzzyJ -

Howdy !

Yepper.. the trigger IS light !

It works out superbly for my effort ( trying to obtain smallest possible groups from a Marlin lever gun ) ! In-adervtant firing of the rifle, has not been a factor.

I'm insuffferably pleased w/ my XLR, and its less than 2oz trigger.

With regards,
357Mag