PDA

View Full Version : Receiver Hitch game pole.....

dk17hmr
10-14-2012, 10:37 PM
I have been asked several times for more pictures of the game pole I use when antelope hunting. We had it out again today so I took a couple of pics.

Here is the bottom angle bracket with through bolts.

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f208/dk17hmr/IMG_20121014_144536.jpg

For the take down bolts I used longer bolts so I have something to tie off to.

The top bracket is the same as the lower.

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f208/dk17hmr/IMG_20121014_144544.jpg

Pull the 2 longer bolts and it fold down to about 1' wide by 6' long

Use a large eye bolt and bolt it through the top bar.
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f208/dk17hmr/IMG_20121014_144552.jpg

The horizontals are 3' long which allows you to drop the tail gate and use it for a table, the up right is 6' tall because my pick up bed is only 6' 5" with the tail gate up.

JeffinNZ
10-14-2012, 10:58 PM
Are you sure you're not part Kiwi? That's a very Kiwi sorta invention. Well done.

Junior1942
10-15-2012, 07:29 AM
Where's the trees??

OnHoPr
10-15-2012, 10:11 AM
That's funny Junior. Pretty interesting yardarm dk17hmr. Were you in the navy? How come every harvested goat pic I see is under blue skies and beautiful looking weather? Don't goat hunters ever hunt in bad weather? Is the weather that warm or nice during goat season that you can't let the game age for a few days or is that apparatus just for gutting purposes, skinning, and quartering?:?:

reloader28
10-15-2012, 10:34 AM
Wow. You must live in the wet and rainy part of the state. We dont have all that lush vegetation at my house.:bigsmyl2:

Looks good. However, I would weld a pipe in the middle that could fit inside another pipe and that would let the whole thing turn/swivel.
That way you just swing the goat/deer/hog into the truck and lower it.
Also, with the pipe swivel in the middle, you could lengthen it out for more height and still take it apart to fit in a small truck.

When I reread this it sounds confusing, but we've done it on several things.

waksupi
10-15-2012, 11:04 AM
Where's the trees??

Junior, out here in the west where it gets so cold, we gather up all of the trees after Labor Day, and put them away. Then we start spreading the snow over the ground, to make everything look nice and neat.

runfiverun
10-15-2012, 11:45 AM
and then the wind just blows the snow back and forth,and back and forth.
it keeps everything nice and smooth that way.

dk17hmr
10-15-2012, 05:18 PM
Blue sky and sun almost daily here. The rig is used for skinning and deboning. We only bring a cooler full of ice and goat meat...... well and the head as proof of sex. The meat stays in ice for a week, drain water/ blood daily and add new ice. Started doing it this way when I lived in an apartment and had no room to hang anything, bought a house a decided it worked so well in the field I didn't need the mess in my garage.

Wolfer
10-16-2012, 09:25 PM
I usually age my deer in a cooler on the front porch for about a week. My kids always called it ( festering ). When people talk about deer tasting gamy I don't know what their talking about.

Freightman
10-17-2012, 12:26 PM
A friend of mine ask what kind of tree stand do you use? (from east Texas) I said these waist high Mesquete trees don't hold up very much. The mesquete are to the east, north of here and west look like the picture. By the ay thanks for the idea looks like it is easer than trying to skin them in a PU bed.

flipajig
10-19-2012, 04:22 PM
Me and my dad built one useing 2" and 3" drill stem pipe every thing slides together and breaks down into 3 peices it will also swivel 360 once the critter is on the hoist I can swing it into a ice chest or quarter it up to be hung in a refrigerator for a few days to age

softpoint
10-19-2012, 04:48 PM
Where's the trees??

Yeah, us Central and East Texans say, You'd walk your butt off squirrel hunting there......I am going to build one of those, even though we have trees.

TXGunNut
10-21-2012, 10:39 PM
Yeah, us Central and East Texans say, You'd walk your butt off squirrel hunting there......I am going to build one of those, even though we have trees.

Squirrels out there are so desperate for trees they'll even dig the holes so you can plant them. Look kinda funny, tho.
Thanks for sharing your game pole design, dk17hmr. Very well thought out. Will extend it to take advantage of my 8' bed.