PDA

View Full Version : Please Help ID these mystery parts

DaveInFloweryBranchGA
10-13-2012, 08:52 PM
Well, somebody decided the parts might fit a firearm they owned that needs parts and wanted to buy them, so now they're spoken for and gone out of my hands. I think I'll close this discussion with "issue resolved." Thank you all for your input. Apparently the firearm may be a french firearm.

MtGun44
10-14-2012, 12:36 AM
O-rings possibly for AR15 extractor spring boosting, or for Foul Out cleaning rod to
keep it off of the bore.

Possibly 1911 grip screws, but without measuring accurately, they could be another
semi auto with separate grip panels.

Middle flat piece is an extractor for a semi-auto pistol, but not sure which.

Not much help.

Bill

DaveInFloweryBranchGA
10-14-2012, 05:25 AM
Bill, you're assessment is about where I got. The four similar screws are too big for 1911 grip screws, look more like screws for the side panel of some kind of rifle, dark blued steel. Same with the single screw with the long shaft, look like they're off the same gun. These parts look familiar to me, but I just can't place them. Driving me nuts.

KCSO
10-16-2012, 12:29 PM
If anyone wan't to make a career of this I have a 5 galllon bucket full of mystery parts that I sort through every so often. If you buy a screw gauge and find the thread pitch screws are easier to match. What looks like grip screws may be for an Argentine 45 but you need to know the pitch. The push lever looks to be maybe Savage shotgun bolt release? The spring is a spring, duh, but almost looks like Winchester 190/290 recoil spring?

DCM
10-16-2012, 10:17 PM
Looks like a couple of firing pins with return springs in the bunch too and possibly a roll pin for something.
Otherwise I would agree with what others have said.

NoZombies
10-24-2012, 04:37 PM
Since I'm the guy who ended up with them, I'll confirm, they are for the french "unique" brand target pistol named the DES-32U. And I needed that extractor for mine!

DaveInFloweryBranchGA
10-24-2012, 11:07 PM
Did a quick check and that's not a cheap pistol, but the company has gone out of business. Glad to hear it did or will be able to fix your pistol and get it back to shooting.

NoZombies
10-25-2012, 10:29 PM
Did a quick check and that's not a cheap pistol, but the company has gone out of business. Glad to hear it did or will be able to fix your pistol and get it back to shooting.

I tell you, it was quite fortunate for me. Virtually every part likely to break or be a problem was in the little baggy you sent. I'll have several of the extractors made up as spares. I've owned the gun for a while, and have yet to shoot it, due to the missing extractor. So I'm pretty excited to try the thing out soon!

Now I just need to fire up the pot and cast several thousand .32 WC's...

Here's the gun with it's shiny new extractor in place:

http://nozombies.com/DES32U.JPG

DaveInFloweryBranchGA
10-26-2012, 09:47 AM
I love it. Thanks for posting the picture.

If you're going to have parts made, I recommend the machinists on this board. Some of the best I've ever seen.