PDA

View Full Version : In search of .44 Himmelwight Mould

Stampede
10-13-2012, 05:20 AM
Who can tell me where I can obtain/buy a .44 Himmelwright Bullet Mould? it might be the original one: # 429220 (in a good condition) or who knows a mould manufacturer who makes reproductions of this bullit design.

I was on my way of getting a used mould on E-bay but this guy was not answering my emails nor was my winning bid accepted... go figure!

So who knows who I can contact for this mould, do note I don't live in Europe and the Himmelwright moulds are not for sale over here.

Stampede

Trey45
10-13-2012, 09:34 AM
This guy will make you any mould you want. Build it to your specs.
http://www.accuratemolds.com/index.php
Fair price, quick turn around time. I do not know if he will sell overseas, that's up to you to find out.

45 2.1
10-13-2012, 09:40 AM
BRP, now out of business, made up this version for me. It could be ran as a GB if enough people wanted it. I don't believe acuurate molds can make that nose style either.

longbow
10-13-2012, 09:44 AM
Nope, Accurate can't. He needs a 0.18" flat at the nose. If that isn't a problem, Tom's moulds and service are second to none. He does excellent work at very good prices.

Longbow

GLL
10-13-2012, 10:54 AM
The original IDEAL 429220 on the left:
http://www.fototime.com/6D3BDA991524608/medium800.jpg

http://www.fototime.com/A4E76F5E9A89CAE/standard.jpg

The BRP crimp groove design by 45 2.1:
http://www.fototime.com/4F0E3D8190C5690/standard.jpg

Jerry

Dale53
10-13-2012, 12:49 PM
Jerry;
As one photographer to another, you do a GREAT job with the pictures!! Your mould collection is a bit of "all right", also[smilie=w:

Dale53

Hamish
10-13-2012, 01:27 PM
http://www.lasc.us/Fryxell-Himmelwright-Wadcutters.htm

Stampede
10-13-2012, 01:56 PM
Jerry, this mould looks brand new, where did you get this mould? I contacted Accurate Moulds if they can help me out. So far no luck, with any other manufacturer.

Stampede

Chicken Thief
10-13-2012, 02:25 PM
Tom does not respond right away but usually in 48 hrs, and when he does he has your design ready.
And yes he ships anywhere.

Stampede
10-14-2012, 08:26 AM
Chicken Thief, I was not revering to (Tom) Accurate Moulds, as of not received any reaction yet. I was referring to all my previous actions/attempts to find a mould manufacture who can help me. I certainly hope Accurate Moulds can help me out here. Since finding a used Himmelwright mould is like hitting the jackpot.
Stampede.

longbow
10-14-2012, 10:58 AM
Tom has been very quick to respond any time I have e-mailed him so I am sure he will get back to you.

He does terrific work and very fast.

The only limitations I know of that would affect the design is that he has to leave the little 0.18" flat on the nose and he can only cut 0.02" deep lube grooves (I think that was the number) so at worst the lube grooves might be shallower than the original design and it would have a small meplat.

I doubt lube groove depth would matter at all, if they are deeper than Tom can cut, and the little meplat would be more cosmetic than anything I think. On that funny little nose cone it might appear fairly large but I doubt it would affect anything.

Stampede
10-17-2012, 04:53 AM
I'm getting nowhere fast with this bullet. I truly understand that it is a hard to find bullet mould (design), otherwise I already would have a mould.;)

I contacted Tom (Accurate moulds) and he asked me for a technical drawing (measurements), I was a bit under the assumption that he already made reproductions of this mould design. But apparently at this time he did not, and he seems not the guy to me who throws up barriers just for fun.

Does anyone knows where I can find a technical drawing of this bullet design, I searched high and low on the internet the last couple days but came up short. Perhaps I searched at the wrong places. With these measurements I can help Tom make a quotation.

By the way I’m looking for the .429 diameter Himmelwright design (Ideal #429220), I have found only one drawing for the Ideal #360302 mould (also Himmelwright) but that’s not the one I desperately need.

Thanks again for helping me out.
Stampede

GLL
10-17-2012, 10:46 AM
Stampede:

I know of no dimensioned drawings that are available. If you would like I can send Tom a few of the original IDEAL bullets for him to look at. I am afraid he will not be able to help you though because of the nose style of this design. As Longbow indicated Tom's equipment requires a small flat on the meplat.

Jerry

BABore
10-17-2012, 12:24 PM
Stampede:

I know of no dimensioned drawings that are available. If you would like I can send Tom a few of the original IDEAL bullets for him to look at. I am afraid he will not be able to help you though because of the nose style of this design. As Longbow indicated Tom's equipment requires a small flat on the meplat.

Jerry

Hell Jerry, I just closed, not croak.

PM sent to Stampede

Stampede
10-17-2012, 12:57 PM
GLL & BABore, I send you a message via the forum, I have a whole other suggestion that might help me. Thanks in advance.

Stampede

GLL
10-17-2012, 01:23 PM
hell jerry, i just closed, not croak.

:) :)

Hope all is well back there and you are enjoying your "retirement" ! :)

All of your molds are now prized possessions and locked in the safe !
I am very pleased I was able to get the molds I did before you "croaked" ! ;)
They are the very best casting molds I own and I cast with at least one of them every week!

Take care !

Jerry

SwedeNelson
10-17-2012, 01:43 PM
Stampede

Checked my library of drawings and have one that would need to be verified
It is very close. And have some samples of the original coming.
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i80/swedenelson/NOE_Bullet_Moulds_429220_175Gr_RN.jpg
PM me if you are interested.
Swede Nelson

GLL
10-17-2012, 02:24 PM
Al:

Did NOE produce a group buy of the 429220? I do not remember seeing it !
Your drawing is indeed close to the original IDEAL mold !

Jerry