PDA

View Full Version : Any Pet Loads for the Saeco 430-200 WC?

Hogokansatsukan
10-12-2012, 11:53 AM
Well, on July 3 of this year I broke my left forearm (both bones were compound fractures), my left pinky and ring finger, my right clavicle (also a compound fracture), my right wrist, right thumb, 7 ribs, and snapped my left femur in half.
Can you say "recoil sensitive"?
Well, before my wonderful accident, I had been playing around with a 3 inch S&W 629 and this boolit. I never got a nice load developed, so I thought I would see if anyone has a nice accurate, low recoil (very low recoil) load for this boolit.
I was playing with Unique and Bullseye before.
Any suggestions?

rexherring
10-12-2012, 12:26 PM
The lowest recoil powder I've used is Trail Boss. It's kind of a love it or hate it powder. I've had great luck loading for a .38 for a friends wife who is recoil sensitive. I've also loaded it in my .45 acp and .45 Colt with good luck.

Wayne S
10-12-2012, 12:49 PM
The Hornady manual list several fast pistol powders using their 240 swaged lead bullet .

Wally
10-12-2012, 12:53 PM
Well, on July 3 of this year I broke my left forearm (both bones were compound fractures), my left pinky and ring finger, my right clavicle (also a compound fracture), my right wrist, right thumb, 7 ribs, and snapped my left femur in half.
Can you say "recoil sensitive"?
Well, before my wonderful accident, I had been playing around with a 3 inch S&W 629 and this boolit. I never got a nice load developed, so I thought I would see if anyone has a nice accurate, low recoil (very low recoil) load for this boolit.
I was playing with Unique and Bullseye before.
Any suggestions?

I have a Lee .44 Cal 208 WC mold--5~6.0 grains of Bullseye is a a nice load with it in my M-29...but mine has the 8" barrel...

Hope that you get better real soon....how did that accident happen anyway?

bobthenailer
10-14-2012, 04:52 PM
I also have the Saeco #944 WC mould, ive never worked up a light load as ive only used it for bowling pin matches , it is very accurate at 25 yards with my loads @ approx 1,100 up to 1,400 fps , they will group 1 inch at 25 yards or better but open up to 3 or 4 inches at 50 yards ! testing done from a rest with a scope installed.
I use the Saeco#420 200gr tc for 99% of my 44 mag shooting for loads from 800 to 1,200 fps with excellent accuracy, from 8 different 44 mags over the years including my 3" 629

I would use BE or Tightgroup powder for your WC loads, I have gotten excellent accuracy with them with either Saeco bullet. even the Lee 210 gr WC bullet