PDA

View Full Version : Accurate 45-230F

Bigslug
10-11-2012, 11:50 PM
Just wondering if anybody has used this one.

On the surface, it seems to be just the .45ACP boolit I'm after. This mold captures the big meplat and SWC shoulder elements of the Lyman/Keith 452423, but dispenses with the crimp groove (unnecessary for the round), and drops the weight down to the "standard" harball weight (my round lube groove Lyman plops them at about 252). Also seems to have the "chopped round nose" profile of most modern hollowpoints.

Any feedback for me?

MikeS
10-12-2012, 12:30 PM
I looked at that mould, as I wanted to get a mould with as large a meplat as possible, but would still feed in my Jericho. I went with the 45-250A. In my alloy it casts at around 245gr. Even tho it's slightly heavier than the 'standard' 45ACP load, it shoots very well thru both my 1911 and my Jericho (Baby Eagle). My Jericho had problems with boolits where the nose went directly into the full diameter (.452), and needs boolits with the .005 step between the driving bands and the nose. I would imagine if you wanted to go with the lighter weight boolit that it would preform about as well as the 250A does.