PDA

View Full Version : Chaparral 45-75 '76 - barrel problem

hornady308
10-10-2012, 10:03 PM
I purchased a full length 1876 clone from CDNN in .45-75 about a year ago and have been playing around with it to develop a good cast load prior to this hunting season. The rear sight was too basic and I could not get acceptable accuracy, so I recently installed a tang sight. I've worked up a good load and am happy with my groups, but I noticed the rifle was shooting way to the right. I had to shim the heck out of the tang sight to get it to hit the middle of the target. That's when I noticed that the barrel was installed into the receiver at a slight angle. I couldn't see it until I installed the tang sight, but now it is obvious. So, how does one go about re-installing a barrel so that it is somewhat straight? I will be discussing this with CDNN tomorrow to see if they can be of any help. I tried going to the Chaparral website tonight only to find that it no longer exist. Not very comforting.:-(

9.3X62AL
10-10-2012, 11:24 PM
This isn't much, but I read in a 6-year-old GunBlasts article by Jeff Quinn that Charter Arms was at the time of that article (2006) the importer of the Chaparral rifles. The same listed Rep--Nick Ecker--is still with Charter Arms. That might be a place to start.