PDA

View Full Version : Ben's Red - In the Stickies and Classics area, where it rightly deserves to be!

DukeInFlorida
10-10-2012, 05:11 PM
Ben's Red is destined to become as famous as Felix Lube, and with good reason. It's only fitting that it belongs over in the Stickies and Classics area!!!

So, any of you who were wondering what happened to that thread... It's there.

Ben, thank you for the recipe!
:drinks:

Ben
10-10-2012, 07:51 PM
Duke,

You are very welcome.

I hope everyone enjoys the lube
and will share their experiences with
all of us after using Ben's Red.

Thanks,
Ben

crabo
10-11-2012, 01:15 AM
Makes no sense to me to move it. This is where you look for lube info.

Maven
10-11-2012, 10:05 AM
crabo, There's no need to move it, except to put it at the top of the page. Btw, that's a capital idea, Duke!

warf73
10-12-2012, 03:23 AM
Makes no sense to me to move it. This is where you look for lube info.

+1

I agree 100%

mdi
10-12-2012, 12:11 PM
Jes this old guy thinkin', but a stickie in the Lube Section is a good place for a lube recipe/discussion...

Ben
10-12-2012, 12:25 PM
If people have an interest in Ben's Red, they should be able to type that into the forum's SEARCH and it will take them to all post related to Ben's Red.

Thanks,
Ben

TCTex
10-12-2012, 01:40 PM
And there is only 116 threads that the search lists... LOL

Ben
10-12-2012, 02:41 PM
Sorry, ----------take it up with the moderators.

btroj
10-12-2012, 09:53 PM
I know where itis, that is good enough for me.

Bens Red is a classic lube and certainly can be sticky. Looks to be in the right place to me.

geargnasher
10-13-2012, 07:39 PM
And there is only 116 threads that the search lists... LOL

That's EXACTLY why some of us labored to get Ben's formula STUCK. But as many times as Ben has cross-linked and inter-linked the pertinent threads nearly any of the 116 results you got should lead to to the formula and a ton of good instructions on how to make it. The sticky was supposed to make this easier for everyone, but we can only hold your hand so far, ya know! ;-)

Gear

warf73
10-14-2012, 02:16 AM
The sticky was supposed to make this easier for everyone, but we can only hold your hand so far, ya know! ;-)

Gear

Well this area has 6 stickeys already but yet the bens red sticky (a lube last I checked) isnt even with the lubes.

I guess my hand needs held as I come to Boolit Lube! section to look at boolit lubes guess I was mistaken.

btroj
10-14-2012, 07:49 AM
See guys, the problem is that Ben designed a lube that is both classic AND sticky. This made it necessary to putting the "classic and sticky" area and not leave it as just a sticky in the lube area.

crabo
10-14-2012, 09:35 AM
I would like to see it moved back here. I am watching all the developements with lubes, and even though it only takes a finger click, I like seeing them all in one place.

Any seconds to get it brought back home?

Recluse
10-14-2012, 11:54 PM
Well this area has 6 stickeys already but yet the bens red sticky (a lube last I checked) isnt even with the lubes.

I guess my hand needs held as I come to Boolit Lube! section to look at boolit lubes guess I was mistaken.

Count me in as another who needs his hand held.

I would like to see it moved back here. I am watching all the developements with lubes, and even though it only takes a finger click, I like seeing them all in one place.

Any seconds to get it brought back home?

I'll second the motion.

Lube development and how exponentially it's taken off is relatively new here at Cast Boolits.

When the Lube Forum was created, there were only two stickies--the one about Felix lube and the one about "just the facts" which was a hodgepodge of lube recipes Ken had put together from various posts.

Then in 2009, my "Tumble Lubing--easy and mess free" was made a sticky. If you look at the myriad of topics and added stickies, members are starting to really branch out and experiment with lube development.

So much so, in fact, that we have the "extreme boolit lube" sticky.

I'm with you--lube stickies probably serve members and guests better in the Lube Forum.

My two cents.

:coffee:

waksupi
10-14-2012, 11:59 PM
I think I remember sticking it, but didn't move it from where ever it was. If you give a staff member a link we can most likely copy it wherever you want it. If you expect us to notice a topic like this, most of the time it ain't happening, unless someone makes a request through the staff. There is no way we can read every post or topic.

Recluse
10-15-2012, 12:22 AM
Ric,

I was going to PM you in a few days about either "duping it" or linking it or whatever mystical voodoo gets done so that it's visible or clickable here in the Lube Forum, but thought it would be beneficial to see how/what others thought about it.

A lot of the "classic" stickies are on subjects/techniques/experiences that originated in the early days of this board and going back further to the Shooter.com days, with a few conversations going back even further than than to some e-mail list discussions.

Just a couple of random thoughts. . .

• I never realized (and I'm being sarcastic here) that we either had or needed a "Hall of Fame" forum for "great posts." I kinda thought that was the overriding goal of making a great discussion/tip/technique/experience into a stickie.

• A lot of the classic stickies haven't had anything added to them in years. Great information, but for the purposes of discussion, they're fossil fuel.

• Again, a lot of the classics were a result of some housekeeping back in 2007/2008 as the membership began to really take off. It helped keep the board cleaner and more un-cluttered.

What makes the stickies in the active forums so useful is that they are easily and readily found--not everyone spends all day and night at their computer--which makes them easy to add to or discuss. In other words, the stickies are "active discussions" germane to the topic of the forum.

So that's where I'm coming from in thinking that Ben's Red better serves the membership here in the Lube Forum.

:coffee:

Ben
10-15-2012, 08:34 AM
I guess that I have even less than two cents to add.

It really doesn't matter to me where it is placed.

I just want everyone who is interested in the information related to Ben's Red to have easy access to it.

Ben

btroj
10-15-2012, 08:48 AM
It won't matter where itis placed. Those who wish to work to find it will, those who chose to not try wont find it anywhere.

mdi
10-15-2012, 11:53 AM
See guys, the problem is that Ben designed a lube that is both classic AND sticky. This made it necessary to putting the "classic and sticky" area and not leave it as just a sticky in the lube area.

:groner: :-P

TCTex
10-16-2012, 02:39 PM
Sorry, ----------take it up with the moderators.

Oh no, life is good! I found it and have plans on collecting the components! I think my post was interpreted very well by GearGnasher below!!

That's EXACTLY why some of us labored to get Ben's formula STUCK. But as many times as Ben has cross-linked and inter-linked the pertinent threads nearly any of the 116 results you got should lead to to the formula and a ton of good instructions on how to make it. The sticky was supposed to make this easier for everyone, but we can only hold your hand so far, ya know! ;-)

Gear

Cheers!

Duane

:drinks:

TCTex
10-16-2012, 02:43 PM
Ps, you are only as smart as your ability to use a search engine. Believe it or not, I do better on Yahoo looking up “http://castboolits.gunloads.com” and then the appropriate topic.

Bigslug
10-17-2012, 12:41 AM
I'm pretty much "thumbs down" on the whole concept of the Classics and Stickies page. I could see - and hereby formally suggest - having a link to "Lube Stickies" at the top of the lube page to avoid cluttering up the list of current threads, and do the same for lead alloys, mold design, etc..., but lumping all the good threads of all topics under one banner throws the entire notion of indexes and tables of content under the bus.

Move Ben's sticky back to the lube page, please.