PDA

View Full Version : Woodford Reserve Double Oak Bourbon

Tom-ADC
10-09-2012, 10:53 PM
My oldest gave me a bottle Sunday as a birthday gift, all I can say is wow, I have never tasted anything so smooth, almost makes me want another birthday.

crawfobj
10-10-2012, 01:19 AM
One of my absolute favorites. Also try Angel's Envy. It's finished in used port wine barrels and is delicious.

Awsar
10-10-2012, 07:49 PM
you need to come to kentucky and take a tour of all the bourbon makers could be educational as well as tasty :)

Tom-ADC
10-10-2012, 08:14 PM
you need to come to kentucky and take a tour of all the bourbon makers could be educational as well as tasty :)

It's on my too do list next road trip home probably next summer.

LUCKYDAWG13
10-10-2012, 08:23 PM
woodford reserve is good stuff puts Crown to shame

shotman
10-10-2012, 08:38 PM
crown and KY bourbon is not apples and apples . Its good but at over $50 a 5th it better be

km101
10-29-2012, 10:15 PM

I don't think my liver could stand it!! Just might be too much of a good thing! :)

Lance Boyle
10-30-2012, 09:53 AM
One of my absolute favorites. Also try Angel's Envy. It's finished in used port wine barrels and is delicious.

I'm a big bourbon fan but am exploring whiskys now. Just opened a bottle of MaCallan Fine Oak. It's triple casked and one of them is a used sherry cask. Definitely a different and interesting flavor added to the whisky.

felix
10-30-2012, 10:41 AM
It's all about the control of contaminants imparting the taste to ethyl alcohol. Generic labels are politically/industrially given to booze for marketing purposes. Examples: bourbon 80 percent corn and brand new barrels in Bourbon County KY; Corn whiskey used barrels and 50 percent; Island Scotch pot stills; Single grape labels 50 percent minimum in California, and appellation controlee specific county/farm boundaries in France; exchange corn and rye to get Canadian whiskey; raw sugar for island rums; etc. There were over 1000 stills in Ireland before 1930, and now they can be counted on the fingers. The labeling laws are very slow to change over time, and Google is therefore a great resource. ... felix