PDA

View Full Version : Cancer Update

smokemjoe
10-09-2012, 08:04 PM
Found it last Dec. , 2 tumers on top and the bottom full,4 th. stag. That was my Christmas present, gave me until July without chemo, until Dec with it, Had it stopped, started back up 2 months ago, started different chemo 2 months ago, 1 ever three weeks, I also found a cancer treatment med. found in Canada, DCA, look it up, may help someone, Had a cat scan Monday, Cancer hasnt got no bigger or smaller, I still on the edge? Docs here say they will call hospices when needed, I am going to Trinty cancer center in Molin Ill. next week and if I have to Iowa citie Ia. to different cancer center next. Feel good, Doc says you must have something to look forward to everday, I been getting Kimbers and a gold cup and been shooting indoors 3-4 times a week and to the CB shoots outside.The prayers have help me get throught this when I think of you all, Thanks- Joe

plmitch
10-09-2012, 08:06 PM
Praying for you buddy.

gbrown
10-09-2012, 08:13 PM
Our prayers are with you. Hang in there. Where there's faith, there's hope. Be tough, Be brave.

white eagle
10-09-2012, 08:17 PM
Joe, keep on going about this your way seems to be working like a charm
proud to know you
thanks Joe

jmort
10-09-2012, 08:39 PM
Prayers going out for you brother.

fatelk
10-09-2012, 08:43 PM
Sorry to hear it. We'll be praying for you.

linotype
10-09-2012, 10:42 PM
Keep us in mind, as we remember you in our prayers.
God bless, and take care.

shooterg
10-09-2012, 10:51 PM
Keep fighting and God bless you. And keep shootin' !

scarry scarney
10-09-2012, 11:13 PM
Smokemjoe
Every time I hear of someone being diagnosed with cancer, I feel as if I'm punched in the stomach. I'm a two time warrior against cancer.

First time, stage 3 Hodgkin's disease. I did the Chemo and Radiation, and was in Remission for 14 years.

This time, it was stage 4 Non-Hodgkin's, already spread to the bone marrow. Was diagnosed in March of last year. I went through nine months of chemo, and all it did was stop it, didn't get rid of it. I ended up at Stanford University for clinical trials in January of this year. Frist one didn't work. They found a different clinical trial for me to go through. This one knocked it out, and I received a stem cell transplant back in April. Was declared cancer free in July.

Kelly Clarkston recently produced a song, "what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger." Check out the you tube video "stronger Seattle children's hospital" for a tear jerker inspiration video.

I'm still in recovery mode at home, and not allowed to do much, other than surf the Internet and watch TV, but I will tell you I believe in Miracles! (The Dr said I can reload and swag, but no casting, hunting, fishing, cut my own lawn, etc). I'm not going to discuss modern science/medicine versus knee power (prayers), but something worked for me. If you need someone to talk to, pm me, and I'll send you my phone number.

waksupi
10-10-2012, 12:23 AM
Good luck to you. My younger brother is an ER/RN at Iowa City. Good hospital.
I have three friends at the time with cancer, all terminal. Caught too late to do anything but slow the progress. I'm really glad to hear you aren't showing any growth.

Bloodman14
10-10-2012, 12:57 AM
Talkin' to God for ya'.

Lloyd Smale
10-10-2012, 04:29 AM
Joe since i found out prayers are said for you at sunday mass every week. I cant imagine what your going through. Probably everyones biggest fear in life. I wish there was more i could do for you and if there is surely dont be afraid to ask! Whats mine is yours!

Olevern
10-10-2012, 05:17 AM
Going to the Lord on your behalf right now. For all of us, those with and those without a deadly disease, life and family and friends are to be enjoyed to the max while we still draw breath, sounds like you have your priorities straight. Keep on shooting and enjoying your family.

DLCTEX
10-10-2012, 06:27 AM
Joe, I will continue to pray for you. Keep us posted.

Ramar
10-10-2012, 08:24 AM
Joe,
You're on the top of my prayer list. Be strong!

Freightman
10-10-2012, 09:26 AM
Joe thanks for the update, was thinking of you the other day, prayers for you are ongoing.

LIMPINGJ
10-10-2012, 09:56 AM
Joe our prayers for you will continue.

cheese1566
10-10-2012, 10:22 PM
Keep looking forward!

Do what you want and have fun!

xbeeman412
10-10-2012, 10:51 PM
Will keep You in Our prayers daily. Jesus is the GREAT Physician and He does answer Prayers!!

smokey496
10-10-2012, 10:54 PM
Just said a prayer for you. Miracles do happen. Prayer is powerful. I know it can be tough but try to find good in everything. May God guide you're doctors and caregivers to heal you, and may your days be happy. Your friend.
Don.